Al-Jazeera All-English coming

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by JBigjake, Jul 4, 2005.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I like it when ITN makes my point for me.

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Do you by any chance have a link to where he got busted lying about his alleged military experience?

3. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understandable, since you asked for evidence of an allegation!

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    All organizations, all reporters, all individuals, inherently carry bias.

What distinguishes FOX from other major networks, however, is that the latter is ulimately little more than a propaganda mouthpiece for the neoconservative agenda. That agenda itself does not value being truthful or objective, nor does it uphold the other "liberal" values that define the role of the media in more neutral or objective terms.

To compare the two biases, one used to be committed (however imperfectly) to an ideology that tried to be fair, balanced, and truthful. The other even uses those slogans as part of its propaganda, whereas in reality its own ideology considers those values themselves as reflecting the "corrupt" liberal mindset that encourages "moral relativism".

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here ya go

6. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did you actually read the article?

It now reaches more than 40 million viewers, and if it weren't for the advertising boycott, Al-Jazeera's network would bring in some $35 million in yearly ad revenue, enough to wean it from Qatar government money, said managing director Wadah Khanfar.

The station is expected to be privatized in a few years. But as long as it remains close to the Qatari royal family, the boycott poses few funding worries.

Yet despite its protests to the contrary, Al-Jazeera is already softening its aggressive coverage of Saudi Arabia and other countries, Alani believes. The reason? It must regain access to those countries to boost its English broadcasts, Alani said.

"If you're banned from half the Arab world, your ability to break news is limited," Alani said.

If they're banned from half the arab world it means that they were not exactly pleasing some rulers...

Is FOX news banned from saudi arabia?

A new POV (or bias) is always welcome, this way at least I'll manage to understand something of what they say.
    And I can decide if they're biased or not or more exactly how much they are biased.
    I don't think they can reach the hilarious achievements of foxnews in that regard btw... foxnews is unbeatable.

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

obviously i didn't clock in, but if i had to guess i'd say oh about 25-30 hours total

8. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

my arabic sucks but from the images i saw i could tell what they were getting at

much like fox and that waving flag

but lets face it, fox is all about great looking babes with fantastic legs, and really, whats wrong with that ?

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

1-my arabic is non-existant, but i had subtitles

2-if that was true, i'd be all for it

look, there is exhaustive evidence of the systematic bias at FNC - i personally view al jazeera as people trying to get it right, albeit often while trodding amongst shady characters... to me that just makes them more dedicated than i could be - of course, it's from an arab perspective, but i don't remember ever seeing the kind of abject enabling/storytelling that goes on at FNC

hell, sadaam even had a TV interview with 60 minutes; does that make them terrorist sympathizers too? oh wait... i forgot it was with dan rather... answered my own question :D