Akwari over Chronopulous!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MartyF, Aug 26, 2002.

1. MartyF

MartyF New Member

Nov 27, 1998
    In Yestedays game Ted Chronopoulous gave away the ball so many times that it appeared that he was playing for DC. Nelson Akwari was much more composed on the ball and played several nice passes upfield. If we could unload the likes of Ramos(retirement) Balboa & Ted Chronopolous we could be well under the salary cap for next season. Akwari,Davis, Moore are all quality young players. In a perfect world I would like to see Andy Williams and Rodrigo Faria get green cards, this way we could bring in a foreign defender(Costacurta?) and a midfielder able to hold the ball (Effenberg?)

2. elephantstone

elephantstone Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Harrisburg, PA
    I second the motion.

Jolley - Akwari - Petke - Ziadie/Addo

3. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    people have been complaining about Ziadie but Chronosjfkjsdfsdjflous has been a bigger problem.

4. packy

packy Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Liked what I saw of Akwari also. In his prior experience was he usually a left or right defender?

5. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Ted Chronopolous had a bad game. He is also seems to have a speed problem as in he is not fast defending against faster.

6. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    Akwari

Anyway you can get Akwari in the lineup makes our team better. I'd suggest Chronopoulous put on the bench because Ziade is younger and has more potential.

Akwari should become a staple in the Metros D for years to come. He needs the experience in big games now to be ready for bigger games down the road.

7. MetroFan 2000

MetroFan 2000 New Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Somerset,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i say put chrono as a winger

8. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Is that what they call the far end of the bench now?

9. Gamblor

Gamblor New Member

May 17, 1999
    I lost all faith in Chrono several games ago. He needs serious bench time and I can't really see him returning next season if we get a good coach who can evaluate talent.

Let Akwari start, he looks to be an improvement.

10. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Start Akwari and go with a three man defense of Akwari, Jolly, Petke with Paulle and Moore in front of them

11. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chrono was caught up top a couple of times yesterday, one time leaving Faria to guard Olsen on a counterattack. But I'm not sure if that's not really OZ's fault for telling him to get into the attack.

12. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    "Chrono was caught up top a couple of times yesterday,"

Someone has to take his place in the back when he goes up. If you don't get the ball a back can't just wait up top he has to come back.

The worst doing that in this game was Jolley. No immediate touch he waits up there that is not good.

13. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    If they sign Effenberg I will never go to another game

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Metros web site has Chronopoulos as questionable with a groin problem for the road match in Los Angeles. So if Teddy boy can't go on Saturday I say look for either Addo or Akwari to get the chance to fill in his spot.