News: Akron joining the NISA

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by FRA_2795, Mar 12, 2018.

1. FRA_2795

FRA_2795 New Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Rubber City Football Club have officially announced their entry to NISA, America's newest professional soccer league starting in Fall 2018. Akron will join Spring 2019.

This is not an acceptance but they are "working hand-in-hand with the league to find an adequate lead investor to qualify for US Soccer pro standards." (Twitter)

The National Independent Soccer League is looking to implement Pro/Rel in the US. The three cities that have been accepted are from Chattanooga, Connecticut and Miami. The four seeking improvements are Charlotte, Omaha, Milwaukee and St. Louis. (League site)

Zips15 repped this.
  2. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thankful for news from Cleveland.

3. Zips15

Zips15 Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I'm skeptical without a principal investor. But if you're NISA, why allow the club to be announced if it has potential to go up in flames? Attract more investors by going public? Also, wary about this Joshua Austin being GM...how about someone with ANY soccer experience managing the roster instead of someone with ZERO..Major props to him for getting the ball rolling thus far though!

4. Salacious Bum

Salacious Bum Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not only no investor, but no venue, experience in management or an existing league.

Two college kids built a website. Wheeeee.

I have no issues with Peter Wilt, but if NISA manages to play even one full season at this point I will be shocked.

hipityhop and Zips15 repped this.
  5. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    But they ARE fluent in corporate speak. They used the word "engage" twice.

hipityhop and Salacious Bum repped this.
  6. Zips15

Zips15 Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I've already seen some people saying the name "Rubber City FC" sounds like a condom soccer club haha