Akarandut Orok trials with RSL in Tampa

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL Fortaleza Menina, Feb 19, 2009.

1. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    from Behind The Shield...
    One new face in camp was Akarandut Orok, a Nigerian forward who plies his trade in his native country’s Premier League with Akwa United. Orok had been on the fringes of the Nigerian U-23 team as recently as 2007 and played alongside current Crew winger Emmanuel Ekpo at Akwa United.
    Can't find any photos or video of Orok himself, but here's video of Akwa United playing in March 2008 (yes...really).
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNT5lBj9PSg"]YouTube - Nigeria Football Pitch[/ame]
    The main headline--and most informative page--on the club's official web site it THIS. :eek:

...If Orok turns out to be a diamond... he definitely was found in the rough.

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, watching a video like this makes me think, it could always be worse for MLS.

anyways, lots of random guys coming in and out of camp it seems. wonder if any will actually pan out.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Sandy
    maybe he's the guy that kicked the dude right in the butt

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont want to sterotype, but nigerians are known for their speed... I think Garth and JK have made that a priority up top seeing as the last couple of guys to trial for the striker position have been known for their speed

5. It's okay, white guys are notorious for stereotyping people...

:D

6. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if desperately crying at the ref and holding back his hands would work in the MLS... i have never seen that before... but i highly doubt it would work!! HA HA

7. poptart6767

poptart6767 Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya, that was the best part :D

8. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing as I'm still tracking trialists... Orok was on trial with Colorado earlier in the preseason. A couple years ago he played at least one season for PISICO Binh Dinh in Vietnam.

In 2008-09... with the Nigerian league currently on winter break, the Nigerian Compass newspaper named him in its Best XI for the first half of the season, tied for the league goalscoring lead while playing for a relegation-threatened club.

http://www.compassnews.net/news/ind...-of-the-first-round&catid=41:sports&Itemid=59

9. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Sounds almost like a description of Cunningham for RSL '06.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well hopefully its all-of-the-Cunningham but none of the attitude.

11. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
  12. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. Didn't he already have a failed trial at the Rapids or New York?