Ajax: We Want More; Let's Go for Four

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 2, 2013.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    He was. :p

Honest to G0d, I forgot all about him lol. If Cuenca comes he and Derk should really be worried. Speaking of Derk, I think Bojan will take his jersey # instead.

2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why would Bojan want #21?

Has Ajax released the new squad numbers yet, and if so what are they? Is This acturate? I know it's Wikipedia, but it's been right the last couple of years.

I hope Sana isn't on his way out. He looked really good in his first bunch of games on the left wing, before ********ing Boerrigter pushed him out to the right side where he never looked good. After that he never did get a look back in on the left side.

3. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Derk has been training with #11 these last couple of weeks.

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

:mad: Hopefully he follows in the footsteps of Lorenzo Ebecilio after he took #11

BTV802 repped this.
  5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hey guys I was wondering what you guys thought about Christian Eriksen? In Italy they are linking him to Roma a lot. I feel like a lot of Roma fans are hyping him mostly because he has said he likes Roma and Totti. I don't watch Ajax or Dutch football much, but I followed him closely at the Euros last summer and was not very impressed. I kind of formed the idea of a player of potential but perhaps unable to find continuity and be a difference maker regularly.

Cheers.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DDR - He did not have all that great a club season last year. IMO he is a talented player who lacks consistency to be a star. If he can figure out how to keep focused for a full 90 minutes he can play with anyone.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's the best player we've got. I like to compare him with Modric. Technically and tactically brilliant.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    but Modric cannot even break into the starting 11 at Madrid!;)

9. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Your assessment is correct. He has shown flashes of brilliance but it is often followed by long spells of invisibility and here and there blunders. The hype around him has kind of dwindled. He has potential but as Orange14 said he lacks consistency.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    disagree entirely. He's never invisible. He's always the player with the most touches on the ball and the most important player creatively. Every game.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thanks for the replies guys, do you think he will leave this summer?

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    99% certain

13. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Eriksen hasn't reached his club level with the Danish national side very often. That happens to a lot of players, just look at Van Persie. Eriksen has been a key player for Ajax in the push for the title this year and did well in the CL. He has become a lot more consistent, is rarely injured, but is also seldom flashy. He does seem to drop off in trivial games and is not a leader.

I think Eriksen has everything to become a top player in the Serie A. Technically gifted, has high handling speed and he can see spaces as they develop. Unlike some trequartista he is also not lazy when it comes to defense.

I'd rather see Eriksen extend his contract for another year, but between Liverpool and Roma, I definitely think he would be better fit with the latter.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually Moisander and Alderwiereld probably have more touches per game than Eriksen. I can remember matches when Eriksen hardly touched the ball at all. I think he will move along this summer but I'm not sure that the odds are as high as you note in the other post. The fact that Dortmund did not go after him and paid more money for an alternative midfielder was telling to me as I thought they were going to snap him up (and I think Eriksen thought so as well given his comments a month or so ago).

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    central defenders dont count. ;)

btw, there are no matches in which Eriksen hardly touched the ball. seriously.

16. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think he's over-hyped and nowhere near as good as people think he is. He is consistently under-performing with so much talent. Its gone to a position of stupidity where everyone expects a Break-Through Season from him where he will enthrall the midfield and have a 20 Assist, 15 Goal Season with Several MOM and Match Winning performances.

He is stuck in that cusp of talented player and not breaking out. It's sad. IMO he's got a couple of more seasons to improve and take the next leap or else he would be one of the many Elia/Babel type of players

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's doing better statistics-wise than Sneijder at his age...

I think he's massively underrated because people tend to watch a game for the highlights (goals, tricks, dribbles, etc) instead of the constant work a player performs. Like I said, he's the Modric type.

TFC Ajax repped this.
  18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    The Hublot Ajax 2010/2011 edition (notice the 3 stars). Reason why photos have leaked out was because Ebecilio has sold his watch after his transfer lol (he got about 10k euro for it).

I wonder how this years edition looks like.

[​IMG]

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lies, damn lies, and statistics....

If Eriksen was as good as advertised, a lot of European elite clubs would have been all over him. The fact that he was passed by Dortmund, and his pursuers are struggling clubs like Liverpool and Roma, paint a clearer picture how massively over-rated/priced he is. Heck, even the hardly-proven Van Ginkel somehow out-jumped him in this transfer window. That said, I'd be very happy if Eriksen leaves Ajax, and in return Ajax will go after Duarte or promote Dutch youngster(s).

Orange14 repped this.
  20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Eriksen is only 21. He's a year younger than the likes of Clasie etc. but he's won a heck lot more trophies. Not to mention both the Danish and Dutch talent of the year award, the Danish player of the year and the Bronze (2012) and Silver (2013) Eredivisie shoe.

Last season was his best season to date with 13 goals total and 13 assists in the league, 4 in the CL, 2 in the EL and god knows how many in the cup. Meaning he's not far off from what Mr S considers a succesful season. The reason why van Ginkel has been sold already is due to his lowly fee. Christian is nowhere near overrated, overpriced maybe considering he only has 1 yr left, but overrated he is not.

He knows what he wants and he's taking his time. He won't join just any club, that's why he went to Ajax in the 1st place rather than the likes of Chelsea and Barcelona when he was younger.

In other news, RKC - Ajax 1 - 5. Derk with a very fast hattrick and both Bojan and van der Hoorn came on in the 2nd half. Later today a game against De Superboeren.

[​IMG]

JC-14 repped this.
  21. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She wants more too.....hmmmmm.......hmmmmm:
    [​IMG]

22. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Any idea how much will Bojan's season with us cost?

23. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    His wages are 3 mil and we pay half.

Moses Daddy apparently impressed against de Graafschap especially because of his pace.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Saw the Ajax vs RKC game today. When this guy will start to play his first games in Ajax 1 in Eredivisie:

[​IMG]

This will be the look on van der Gijps face:​
    [​IMG]

Maybe van der Hoorn is even a bit taller, but he would fit two times in Gravenberch's upper leg. He is actually in the U19 team for the Euro. Hope to see some games of that event with him in it.

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @DRB - He started off as a striker in the development program but was moved to central defense a little over a year ago. Could be a promising player.