No longer a Barça lounger: Sergiño Dest at PSV (olf FC Barcelona)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ChuckMe92, Oct 24, 2016.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    it’s kind of wild still that in a team of attackers dest still has some of the best attacking instincts of anyone not named ziyech

freisland, Sup Bro and markandrew78 repped this.
  2. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Dest was actually better on the defensive end rather than the attacking end today.
    Overall, a solid outing against a side that wouldn’t do well in mls. On to the midweek game.

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    They should have had the Jong 11 play this game, just to prove to everyone they'd get promoted if they rules allowed it...

With AZ's stumble this weekend, Ajax finally opens a bit of daylight again.

And don't look now, but could Feyenie finally get it together enough to challenge the Cheese-sellers?

nah. But it's fun to watch them piss of PSV!

4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... that was my perspective as well.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Guess who played RB for 70 mins for Jong Ajax in 4-2 loss to NAC Breda?

If you guessed Dest... you're wrong.

If you guessed Mazroui... winner winner chicken tagine dinner!

WheezingUSASupport and USSoccerNova repped this.
  6. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It looks like they moved Kimmich to midfield at Bayern. I wonder if they (Bayern) see Dest in that role.

7. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Hey @DutchFanatic remember when you said losing Dest to USA wasn’t a big deal?? Now he’s made maz play with jong, he’s moving to Bayern and he’d be your best rb for the next decade!!!

interesting developments.

markandrew78 repped this.
  8. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That’s not what I said, bud. I did want Dest to choose The Netherlands, but he didn’t. What I said was that he is currently still a prospect and we may end up really missing out in the future if he continues to progress but now he is still a talent. The fact that he might go to Bayern doesn’t change that. His predecesors also all went to solid clubs but never reached their expected potential. Dest still has everything to prove. So to again summarize what i’ve already said many times; I like Dest and wish he chose NL because he has a lot of talent and could become great, but at this present moment it isn’t a catastrophic loss. As I already said from the beginning, I would gladly lose Dest if Ihattaran chooses us, which happened. That being said Ihattaran is also still a very young talent with everything to prove, which is why he hasn’t played for Oranje yet despite the obvious talent.

I get that the USMNT isn’t used to having many highly rated talents, but here in the NL our talents are being hyped and linked to major clubs constantly. Despite that many of them never reach their expected level, so I wouldn’t count your eggs before they’ve hatched. Remember how that went with the last US ‘super talents’.

FirstStar, maroonlaw, ebbro and 3 others repped this.
  9. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Mazraoui needed some game time, obviously, but just a half might have made more sense.

Ajax play @ Getafe on Thursday, and they'll need all hands on deck, with so many players just now returning to action.

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    NAC scored at 63. Maz out at 70. NAC scored the go-ahead at 71. Insurance in injury time, fwiw.

11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    #3211 TimB4Last, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Winoman, ebbro and BostonRed repped this.
  12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    jnielsen and freisland repped this.
  13. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Spurs game cast the other day, someone was mentioning that their current RB is a little too wasteful with the ball and is likely not a long term solution for Mou at Spurs.

While I would really not want to see him play for Spurs or Mou, I would not mind seeing him in England so I could watch him play more often than only when they are in the Champs League.

14. AD Sportwereld rating

Ajax – RKC 3-0
    Ajax: Onana 7; Dest 6, Alvárez 7, Martinez 6,5, Tagliafico 6,5; Van de Beek 7 (79. Ekkelenkamp), Eiting 6,5, Ziyech 6,5 (46. Blind 7); Tadic 6, Babel 5,5, Traoré 6 (61. Huntelaar)
    RKC: Vaessen 5,5; Gaari 5, Mulder 5,5 (46. Meulensteen 5,5), Delcroix 6,5, Quasten 5,5; Van der Venne 5 (73. Reijnders -), Rienstra 5,5, Leemans 5; Sow 5,5 (83. Elbers -), Bilate 5, Hansson 5
    Scheidsrechter: Higler 5,5
    Man of the match: Donny van de Beek versierde in de eerste helft een strafschop en was in de tweede helft belangrij via een assist. De aanvallende middenvelder was de beste man aan Ajax-zijde.

Winoman repped this.
  15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Here's a quick summary of Ajax's financial position:

"Ajax has booked a net profit of 53 million euros over the past six months."

https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/articl...nettowinst-van-53-mln-over-afgelopen-halfjaar

Lots of detail provided in a few short paragraphs, but financially Ajax seems to be in great shape.

Perhaps one of our Dutch speakers could help with one bit of confusion:

"... the club has 68 contract players, while 22 players have an employment contract."

Who can help distinguish these two groups (and where Dest, Pierie, Mendez and Pynadath might fall)?

17. Rawrawrogue

Rawrawrogue New Member

AFC Ajax
    Netherlands
    Feb 19, 2020
    Dutch text: ... de club in totaal 68 contractspelers heeft = 68 players with contracts.
    ... terwijl 22 speelsters een arbeidscontract hebben. = while 22 female players have a contract.

One could safely assume that the (potential) Americans fall in the former.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    freisland repped this.
  19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Just a reminder that there are two sets of Europa League games today, 8 starting at 12:55 (EST) and 8 more at 3:00 (EST).

Ajax play @ Getafe in the early group, @ 12:55 PM.

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Anyway to watch this?

23. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BRLive... IMO it is worth the money because it shows all the Europa League games... and there are too many of those to count during the season.

markandrew78 repped this.
  24. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    nice! Thought BRLive was only for CL games

thanks

25. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    If you sign up, maybe you could report back ...