AJAX Stadium Project

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by ripmstr, Nov 12, 2003.

1. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    I found this link on the proposed stadium for the AJAX Concept Complex. Obviously no details yet but wow. The big question is whether the big club will be funding the project.

http://www.ajaxorlando.us/home/64240.html

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yea that stadium looks absolutely amazing!!!
    Notice the MLS logo on the side of the building...

3. rhinohool

rhinohool New Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Rochester
    stadium..

The seating areas don't appear to be very big, but maybe thats just me. Any word on how many the stadium will seat?

Lets hope they get it built, perhaps mls 2005 for orlando?

4. Timbers_Roberto

Timbers_Roberto New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    No reason to get too excited until there are answers to the questions of who is going to pay for it and where in Orlando are they going to build it. At this point it is little more than a cool drawing.

5. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

The cool drawing looks to be about the same size as Blackbaud stadium.

6. Green and BLue

Green and BLue Member+

Seattle Sounders FC
    Nov 3, 2003
    Republic of Cascadia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's rather large for a drawing.

7. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No reason to get too excited until there are answers to the questions of WHERE DO WE BUY AJAX ORLANDO JERSEYS!?

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    That's what I'd like to know :)

9. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So does this mean Orlando Kraze are dead? Or is Orlando going to have TWO pdl teams next season??

Thatd be kinda funky.

Wonder where AO are playing...

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see all the interest, but this "new announcement" is old news. We posted this on BigSoccer over a month ago.
    Yes, it is just a drawing, but it was actually created by architectural engineering firm. They are busy working on designs for proposals. Ajax Orlando is serious about building it too. I think the focus will be in the northern Orlando area.
    As for the Kraze, they still exist and doing well. They are playing at Showalter Fields this year (moving from Winter Springs to Winter Park, more central). Ajax Orlando will field a PDL team this year that will compete with the Kraze in the Southest division.
    Finally, no t-shirts yet. But we will announce it when they are. I plan on being first with one!
    Any other questions, let me know.

11. Kraze

Kraze New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Orlando
    Not there, but almost. Quite a shame the way things have gone, but it's beyond my control.

In 1999, the Orlando Nighthawks and Central Florida Kraze played in the same stadium. Shame the Nighthawks had a cheap owner and the GM passed away...could have possibly all ready had an A-League team and stadium (the former Nighthawk owner owns his own construction business) in Orlando if things weren't so bad. But, that's the past, and Ajax Orlando is the future.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Make sure you keep us updated! :)

13. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Look. I've got it all figured out. Just have Boca Junior affiliate itself with the Kraze!

And um... i'll sell all my computers my car and mortgage my* house two or three times over and I can be a part owner. Then we'll move the team to Clermont call it Orlando Juniors sell beer for a dollar and die happy.

*looks around hoping someone will go for it*

Its great to know where the kraze will be next year. I live just south of Lake Howell H.S. and off Semoran so thats not too far.

When you say North Orlando what do you mean?

Where are they going to stick the PDL Ajax team?

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think for now, "North" Orlando is all I can say. Sorry.
    However, right now Ajax Orlando is looking to place their PDL team, the Prospects, at playing in Kissimmee at Austin Tilden Field or trying to play at the Disney Wide World of Sports soccer fields. Of course it would cost more to be at Disney, but the field/facilities are far superior.
    As for Boca and the Kraze, don't hold your breath. I am sure the Kraze will take large cash donations from you if you like. :)

15. code dog

code dog New Member

Sep 27, 2000
    Orlando, FL
    Timeline for Stadium?

Any idea what the timeline is for getting a stadium started? Will Ajax Orlando be building a stadium for the Prospects (PDL) or just wait for the planned A-League side?

That stadium concept drawing looks incredibly compact like it could fit in a single city block (maybe that's what Orlando needs to re-vitalize downtown!).

Clearly there's a parking structure as the main part of the building and then the field on top. I assume that also means the playing surface would be Field Turf or equivalent. Interesting. If that's the plan, I've gotta say that most parking structures shimmy and shake when cars drive around in them and I wonder if that would impact the players/playing surface during a game (maybe they'll ban any car movement during a match).

Regardless, if a stadium can be built that's even half as promising as that concept drawing, I'm sure it will be a great place to watch a match.