Ajax: Driving for a Three-peat

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The rest of the interview was nothing very noteworthy except for the fact that Overmars made a lot of sense. Which is a nice breeze of fresh air in the football business.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I find it hard to give anyone an 8 when the competition is so poor but Sana may prove to be one of the best transfers that Ajax have brought in. I probably was charitable to Sererro. I know he is trying very had and has good quickness but he's not strong on the ball and often his first touch is poor. I don't think he will stay at this level much longer particularly with a bunch of midfielders coming up through the youth system.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rumors we're going to sign Danny Hoesen

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is 21 years, 7 months and 11 days old.

Overmars would really show off his skill if this guy turns out good. Sana and Boccara also give away signs to be the real deal and for no money. I liked the interview with Overmars. I remember him with football dolls in a program years ago and being pretty hyper about the business prospect of selling those. I found that so funny for an arrived millionaire in football.

He said he was more carefull with Ajax money than with his own money and from what I have seen so far, that can't be far off.

5. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    VI reports that we've reached an agreement for Danny Hoesen (Fulham, striker, 21-year old Dutchman) who was loaned out to Fortuna Sittard last year.

6. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fortuna Sittard youth academy product. Will apparently play with Jong Ajax and play his way into the first squad.

7. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Mike Verweij
    @MikeVerweij

Naast #Hoesen hoopt #Ajax deze week nog een aanvaller te strikken. Selectie dan rond

Overmars was in Alkmaar today. Are we bringing another player back? Ondaan only left a season ago so probably not him, Fernando Lewis also seems unlikely considering his injury. Tannane from Heerenveen perhaps? Hopefully not van la Parra if we're going by his game today.

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    AD says VDW is about to sign for PSG.

Danny Hoesen had 13 goals and.. 11 assists (!) for Sittard last season while on loan.

After failing to win the Super Cup in 3 occasions this season (Ajax 1, Jong Ajax & A1.. B1 had already won theirs this June), it's the C1 that has finally won us a Super Cup. :p

Ajax B1 won their league game against PSV B1 yesterday. Nouri scored both goals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSG would be awesome. Lots of extra money to throw around, so hopefully we will get a decent price.

11. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was pleasantly surprised to see 3 different Eredivisie matches this past weekend on ESPN Deportes. I don't know how often it will happen but with La liga and Serie A matches going to BeIn, I wonder if bundesliga will get a little more attention on Gol tv and even 2 Dutch matches per weekend on ESPN Deportes would be beyond cool.

12. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only EPL, Bundesliga and Eredivisie are on ESPN. That probably explains why.

Janssen to Vitesse is supposed to be finally done now.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    If ESPD can have their showings on High Def, that would be even cooler!! Anybody knows when this will take place... ??

14. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh man, that would be an awesome bonus if and when they ever add that feature.

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    6 Godenzonen in the final squad for Oranje U19. That's 1/3rd of a selection of 18. :p

Edwin and Joe's lovechild Mickey van der Hart, Darren Rosheuvel, Danzell Gravenberch, Sinan Keskin, Nick de Bondt & Queensy Menig.

Danzell Gravenberch is the epitome of Total Football lol. Got the attention of Man Utd and others while playing as a striker, played another tournament as a rightback and will play this season as a CB.

This will probably interest our American followers. Oranje U18 will play their next friendly against USA. Ajax has 7 players, PSV 5 and Feyenoord 2 in the preliminary squad.

As if 6 and 7 weren't impressive enough numbers. Oranje U17 has 8 Ajacieden in the preliminary squad.

I'm sorry, I just can't get enough of this goal. :D

[​IMG]

16. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax in pot 3 of the Champions League draw; last 2 years we were pot 2 if I'm not mistaken. Means we'll face two rather strong opponents... but hell, if we play as terrible as we did the past two years it doesn't matter. Here's to not having to play Real Madrid again. Draw on Thursday at 12pm Eastern, 6pm local.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^no, we were in Pot 3 both years. Two years ago, Madrid and Milan were above us; last year Madrid and Lyon were above us.

18. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We didn't play terrible the last two years...on the contrary.

JC-14 repped this.
  19. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    not at all, but we could have at least made it out of the group last year if FDB had played Anita in his proper position. despite the fact that we got screwed on the last day, we should have secured our advance by getting a result in at least on of the Lyon games. It was doable.

20. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Last year, had the benefit of a Lyon that is going through transition phase. It will really depend on who that Pot 2 team is for the group along with the fact that Ajax has to take care of it's home pts and try for the best away from home.

21. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I'm good with pot 3. We'll avoid PSG and Juve who I rate more than anyone in pot 2 including City. If we're lucky Dortmund might also make it to pot 3.

Overmars has confessed to AD that Mickey has serious interest from a club abroad, he wouldn't say which one though.

Arsenal are now also after VDW. Raiola said he is busy talking to a host of clubs so looks like he is on his way out.

Youssef Fennich from Jong Ajax has signed for Heerenveen.

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Stan Collymore, BBC and talkSPORT pundit, one time actor (Basic Instinct 2) and former English international is a guest at Ajax and has tweeted about it.

http://twitter.com/StanCollymore

Some examples,

Stan Collymore@StanCollymore
    Every club with a decent academy copied De Toekomst, and many have taken the concept forward(la masia). Wanted to see Ajax philosophy myself

Stan CollymoreGeverifieerd@StanCollymore
    The star of the Ajax ladies team....pic.twitter.com/pYNVMuoj

[​IMG]

23. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We had some OK moment but mostly bad... getting killed by Madrid on numerous occasions, losing against Auxerre and not being able to beat Lyon. Especially last year when 2nd place was within reach.

24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

Daley has a #nohomo poster of Beckham in his locker. :ROFLMAO:

25. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax