Ajax: Driving for a Three-peat

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Aug 14, 2012.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    It's not? :rolleyes:

Just like the spokeswoman said:"It's a formal procedure for legal action when the person involved is not living in the Netherlands or does not have a permanent address abroad"

Laudrup may as well have ignored (and I'm pretty sure he did) every attempt from Ajax to get into contact with him. This case has been going on since 2001. It's for the same reason why Shota can't coach Vitesse because he's too afraid to set foot on Holland knowing he still has to pay his taxes. Laudrup was supposed to oversee the Swansea U19 team in The Hague, but cancelled the trip, I wonder why (sarcasm)?

From Nicholas Cage to Wesley Snipes to Pamela Anderson to Lauryn Hill, celebrities everywhere dodge their taxes and will get into problems because of it. It's nothing new and it doesn't make Laudrup any less of a legend, but he shouldn't play the innocent card.

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^Interesting that Madrid are #4 and seem to have no confidence in their youth program as they end up buying all their starters for the most part. I wonder how many players on their roster are from the Academy (not counting players who were in it but moved away for a number of years and then came back).

4. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Most blame is on Mourinho. Spains only 2 goals in the U21 tournament so far came from Real Madrids' Morata.

5. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's hard to be a regular starter when you have to compete against Benzema and Higuain. :rolleyes:

As for Mourinho, at least 14 youth players made their debute under him. There is nearly room for youth players, you have to be that delusional if you don't think that.

The theory of more youth = more success depends on how good the youth players are. Jesé is exceptional, he will be promoted next season. Carvajal is exceptional, he is bought back.

Ajax has room for talents, since they systemically sell one of their key players each season, so they need replacement every 1-2 season, while we don't need to do that per se.

6. TwentySeven

TwentySeven New Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Benfica have given Sulejmani a 5 year deal! That's a pretty long time.

7. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well that's his 2nd five year contract in a row for him. He's doing well for himself.

8. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I know this guy was a problem at Ajax but how talented is he?

9. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He has a pretty good left foot. And he's pretty fast at top speed. But he can't dribble. He has a poor sports mentality and is prone to getting overweight. I think you're going to be happier with Djuricic.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    14 year old Noa Lang will make a move from Feyenoord to Ajax. Just because he likes Ajax better. Good kid. I hear he is a great player as well.

BTV802 and TFC Ajax repped this.
  11. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really think he's that fast? He never struck me as particularly speedy.

But yeah, he's got some skill, but his attitude sucks and he's a head case. I wouldn't be too thrilled about this if I were a Benfica fan.

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are certainly faster players, and his explosiveness is poor, but on the break I thought he was reasonably fast.

13. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I just remember that goal he scored vs Juventus a few years back when he basically sprinted the entire length of the field and nutmegged Buffon. Seemed pretty fast then.

http://videos.sapo.pt/klUsVqHuPpVh1PUZNMZE

14. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good way of putting it. He is not explosive, but he is pretty fast at top speed.

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anybody interested in Labyad?

16. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    He's interesting because he can play on the wing or in midfield. We will be losing Cuenca, Babel, maybe De Jong and most likely Eriksen so that kind of versatility is valuable...However not a big fan of taking players on loan in general.

We have a handful of guys who are in theory fighting for the positions that Labyad plays...Serero, Boerrigter, Sana, Andersen, Lukoki, Meleg, etc...Not sure who I am missing. Basically have to decide if any of these guys are ready to be starters or at least contribute significant minutes from the bench. If not then somebody like Labyad is a necessity, would just prefer to sign somebody to a permanent deal.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not really but I am interested in seeing Leo Messi in the Red & White.

18. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we for sure losing Cuenca?

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hard to tell. With Neymar arriving, it is difficult to see how he is going to get much playing time. Tello has moved ahead of him. Trouble is his salary requirements are likely more than Ajax will want to pay (club has a €1M cap on salaries and a loan really doesn't help the club much IMO). In addition, the long term health of his knee is an issue.

20. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How stringent are the tax laws in the Netherlands?

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty stringent. There are some former Ajax players who dare not set foot in the country for fear they will be arrested for non-payment of back taxes!

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Right...I just mean his loan deal expires but who knows. He's clearly talented and can contribute when healthy but if we are going to spend big money on somebody I'd prefer they be fit enough to be able to play more than a few games in a row.

23. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I'm hearing rumors that we've agreed to terms with Maher and are working on a transfer fee with AZ.

24. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for reply, but my post was meant to be a joke. :thumbsup:

25. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    That is assuming we sell Eriksen. Supposedly Dortmund prefer Kevin de Bruyne.