Ajax: Driving for a Three-peat

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Celebrating with the handicapped fans is okay in my book. Don't always have to thank your fellow players for the 3-0 imo.

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Serero says, "Stop talking shit about me please".

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am waiting what the catch is with Sana. Maybe it's consistency or does he go missing against tough teams. So far, he looks like a real good addition. Boerrigter has a problem.

As we speak, Serero shows true skill on a good Sana assist.

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Seems like my stream is a bit behind. Still half time here.

5. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Blind actually having a decent game no? Working his butt off at least.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hé, now I feel a total ass.

7. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Miki has grown some wicked sideburns. Looks like he's warming up for an appearance.

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He does oke. 1 time in the iddle of the first half he made a challenge that was too late, but the player was not touched and Ajax got the throw in. In ball possession Blind remains for me an oke player. Maybe even more than that at times.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope not for Sana.

I am enjoying him.

BTV802 repped this.
  10. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sana is just great. Great scouting. More of that please.

Still feel as if this team is pretty good for the Eredivsie but will start running into issues in the Champions League... *crosses fingers*

11. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's a long season with CL. We need all of our wingers to be fit. On the positive side we'll probably never have to see Ebecilio in any important competitions.

12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I want to see Blind score so bad. He gets shit on so much (deservedly) and I want to see him do well on a basic level.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Blind is having a good game. That interception first post, that tackle in the box, general football up to par.

De Boer called this one right when saying that he thought Blind would be good for this game.

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nac plays without a right winger so it's a sensible choice. Karelse is a horrible trainer btw. I think NAC and Utrecht are going to be the biggest disappointments of this season.

Sana is head and shoulders above the rest of our wingers. Sulejmani and Boerrigter can't tie his shoelaces.

15. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Siem reinforcing the debate about why he shouldn't be playing in midfield.

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Son of Sightor can sit on the bench if you ask me. Siem is a better striker for the team. And he seems stronger and faster than he did in the past.

Orange14 and BTV802 repped this.
  17. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Siem has carried the torch towards two straight league titles. He's not the most deadly striker on the planet but he gets the job done and he's our captain. Time to let him play his best position and get behind him full force.

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DRB300 repped this.
  19. TwentySeven

TwentySeven New Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I agree about de Jong, he gets alot more involved as a striker. He links up well and is a good finisher, ( his chance just before his second goal aside!) plus he will pick a pass instead of a shot unlike alot of strikers, Sana's goal last week for one.

I would've liked to see Sulejmani try a bit harder once coming on. The guy is carrying a few pounds extra and has a few players ahead of him so giving a good sub appearance would've been in his best interests.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    this could have easily been 8-0 or 5-4. NAC were quite poor at capitalizing on some very good opportunities and we were equally wasteful as well. What a revelation the midfield was today. Without de Jong and Janssen, we have speed and awareness. It does look like Janssen is off to Vitesse and who knows whether we will bring in another player at this point. One week to go in the transfer window.

Player Ratings:

Vermeer (7) - made some good saves but was quite lucky to have a clean sheet given some of the defensive lapses and poor NAC play
    Blind (7) - maybe the best game he's played; great on offense and didn't have much to do on defense, too bad he couldn't quite finish his chance on goal
    Moisander (7) - good goal and decent on defense
    Alderweield (7) - decent enough but still not quite at last year's level
    Van der Wiel (7) - some good offensive plays but a terrible back pass to send NAC in on goal; will he be with the club next week?
    Schöne (7) - holding midfielder today and did just fine; good ball distribution
    Eriksen (7) - getting back into the swing of things after an extended holiday
    Sererro (7) - better second half but really needs a better first touch
    Sana (7) - he is terrorizing the league so far and maybe has solidified a starting spot
    Lukoki (7) - only on in the first half and is showing good potential
    de Jong (7) - 1st goal was good through traffic, 2nd goal was a rocket but probably should have had one or two more
    Boerrigter (7) - looks like he's getting back into form and had some heads up play
    Sulejmani (6) - very rusty from the long layoff; probably will be with the team until at least January
    Klassen (6) - made a couple of rookie mistakes on the ball and not on long enough to prove much else

On to Heerenveen for a match with Ajax legend MvB.

Pavlin Arnaudov repped this.
  21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sulejmani is just not good enough for this team right now. He's never been one to be in tip top shape and he's being eclipsed by Sana and Lukoki who are both much faster than he is. Boerrigter is a force if he has put his back problems behind him as he has pace and is really strong on the ball. Unforutnately, I cannot see anyone out their buying Sulejmani right now because of the injury. If he gets some playing time and shows some ability he is gone in January as I don't think he wants to take a cut in salary and Ajax don't want to pay him top Euro.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^ Good list, but Sana gets an 8 from me. Serero despite his goal a 6.5 .

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sulejmani was horrible. Looks like an old man.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    - Ajax were close to signing an attacker recently but couldn't get a residence permit. Very odd.
    - Overmars wants to make Ajax financially healthy in such a way that at any moment they are capable of grasping the opportunity to sign a supertalented player. Recently there was such an opportunity to sign a supertalent, but the financials were not sufficient. We've missed the boat and this player is impossible to sign at this moment. He didn't want to mention who it was.

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Pape Moussa Kanoute apparently. Senegalese striker from Maccabi Tel Aviv that impressed in the Olympics. Jordi Cruyff is technical manager there and had tipped Ajax. He has now signed for FC Krasnodar instead.

Very content about the positive impact that Sana, Schone, Moisander and Boccara have brought. Let's hope the same can be said about Poulsen. I loved all our goals today, but especially the 4th by Serero from the tiki-taka leading up to it to the exquisite finish.

I think the reason why Theo's transfer is stalling is because he has changed his mind. :p

[​IMG]

"Please coach can I stay?"
    "Nope"

JC-14 repped this.