Ajax Amsterdam [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 18, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax Go Cold On Jari

Jari Litmanen's excessive wage demands have forced his former club Ajax to shy away from signing the Finnish star on a free transfer.

The Dutch side's technical director, Leo Beenhakker has admitted that the club could not meet the player's salary requirements and would not be bringing him back to Amsterdam...

LFC Online

2. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Well, Wamberto has played on both sides of the field in the past couple of seasons.

3. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
  4. klattamaniac

klattamaniac Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Didn't have a good showing?

Ajax 0-1 Milan
    Ajax 3-1 Liverpool

Losing to a club like Milan is no disgrace, and beating a club like Liverpool is noteworthy. I'd hardly call it a bad showing.

5. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    I did not see the games but I remember reading the match reports on the Ajax USA website. It was pretty grim reading.

6. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Ajax-Milan game and it was indeed grim. Little in the way of offense, and score could have been worse (Rui Costa '13, I believe it was, but a boatload of dangerous Milan chances). Only bright spot was Ajax' goalie (presumably Grim, though I don't recall exactly), who was named MOTM to much disgust from the fans. Didn't see the L-pool game, though. From the score it was obviously a lot better.

7. calcioplaya

calcioplaya New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Does anyone know anything about Mido's future with Ajax? There have been rumors leading him to top clubs in Italy and England, but he has turned down all of them to play with Ajax another season to improve his worth. Do you think the egyptian will go anyhwere?

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Mido is staying.

"Jari Litmanen's excessive wage demands have forced his former club Ajax to shy away from signing the Finnish star on a free transfer.

The Dutch side's technical director, Leo Beenhakker has admitted that the club could not meet the player's salary requirements and would not be bringing him back to Amsterdam"

Knowing my club and knowing Litmanen I think Ajax tried to get a cheap deal with Jari. I can hardly imagine him asking more than the club can afford. I can imagine Ajax trying to get a good player to play for them for a lousy wage. Looking at it like that it's a real ************ club. Cheap bastards.

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Litmanen probably made more $$ at Liverpool than the best paid Ajax player does at the moment, I think his salary demands might be too high for a club like Ajax.

Plus I think Ajax probably used most of the cash they were planning to spend this season on Sikora and Boukhari.

Haven't heard any rumors of Mido leaving though.

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax's USA star O'Brien fancies Celtic switch

Ajax midfielder John O'Brien has admitted he'd like to play for Celtic one day...

Tribal Football

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Real Madrid confirm talks over Ajax ace Chivu

Real Madrid director Enrique Sanchez has admitted the club is considering a move for Ajax skipper Cristian Chivu...

Tribal Football

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  13. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Oscar, are these loans or transfers? Ikedia, van der Gun...

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ikedia is loaned out to FC Groningen for 1 season

RBC want to loan Cedric van der Gun, but no deal has been made yet

15. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax To Loan Ikedia Out To Groningen
    SoccerAge

"Groningen also would like to further trim the capital club's squad by signing Cedric van der Gun but they can expect considerable competition from RBC Rosendaal for the unsettled midfielder's signature."

16. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Anderlecht Successfully Separate Zewlakow Twins

The Zewlakow twins are no longer together at R. Mouscron following the successful acquisition of Michal Zewlakow by Belgian heavyweights RSC Anderlecht, who reportedly beat out competition from Lille and Ajax...

SoccerAge

17. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax Too Strong For Man United

Manchester United looked rusty as they slipped to defeat at the hands of Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA, but there were some positive signs for manager Sir Alex Ferguson...

BBC

Debutant Sikora sinks Man United in Amsterdam

Sir Alex Ferguson could draw encouragement from the performances of record signing Rio Ferdinand and England skipper David Beckham even though his side were deservedly beaten by Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA tonight...

SoccerNet

United downed by Ajax

A late Paul Scholes goal was not enough to stop Manchester United slipping to defeat against hosts Ajax in their opening game of the Amsterdam tournament...

Ananova

World tunes in to see Ferdinand suffer opening night nerves

Sikora 39, Ibrahimovic 75
    Scholes 78

More than 500 million people in 100 countries tuned in to see Rio Ferdinand make his first start for Manchester United last night and, given the opportunity, it is a fair assumption he would want to start all over again...

The Guardian

United downed by Dutch masters

Sir Alex Ferguson could draw encouragement from the performances of record signing Rio Ferdinand and England skipper David Beckham even though his side were deservedly beaten 2-1 by Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA...

4thegame

18. improv

improv New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ajax isn't interested in selling or buying players from the first team. Why should they buy litmanen when you have van der vaart (european talent of the year) pienaar and jurgen seedorf. It wouldn't make sense. J.O.B. wants to stay at Ajax so as Cristian Chivu.

Ajax PSV and Feyenoord have great teams now, could be interesting year.

19. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Sunday, August 11th
    Super Cup
    Ajax Amsterdam ? - ? PSV Eindhoven

20. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    FT Ajax Amsterdam 3 - 1 PSV Eindhoven
    10' Kezman
    40' Vaart
    54' Mido
    76' Vaart

21. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Machlas was listed today by Koeman...

22. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    Vaart

Man he was awesome today against PSV...

THE BEST OF HIS GENERATION...

BOLD PREDICTION

One day the Cup will be named after him... :p

23. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Ajax Beat PSV To Dutch Super Cup

Ajax conquered their first trophy of the 2002/03 campaign with a 3-1 victory over fierce rivals PSV Eindhoven in the Dutch Super Cup...

SoccerAge

24. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
  25. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net