AJ to MLS?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by truefan420, Jun 28, 2015.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Well, "at the peak of my career" is pretty vague. He could be talking about 3-4 years down the road from now.

3. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    At this point this is just idle talk. But of course MLS can certainly show him enough Benjamins to make it happen if they want it to, and there are shortly to be 3 more franchises to feed.

Saw this idea floated by a fan already: The Atlanta Blanks could certainly look to sign him to their first DP contract. He was after all born in Mobile, and they could look to market him as some sort of "local hero" (taken very, very liberally).

John McGuirk repped this.
  4. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    He just needs throw a few 'y'alls' in there to get the folks onside.

5. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All true. He could very easily be talking about after the next World Cup (Which wouldn't be a bad idea), but something tells me that AJ wants to play in the USA. I mean, joining MLS would mean AJ would be open to more US Internationals and have less travel time than Holland.

Thing is, I want AJ to move at the end of his contract. Germany/England/MLS/J-League I really don't care. He's been a successful Eredivisie striker for 4 years now. Playing in a different environment and league will always help your game out.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AJ is 24 years old. After the next WC would make him 28 in the peak of his career. Wouldn't be a bad time if the money and fit is right. I tend to want to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. I think he's being sincere and after the WC would be a great time for him. Also depends on his club situation at that time. I think he leaves AZ after this coming year. The big question is to where.

Skippysasquirrel repped this.