Aint about the Ka-Ching Ka-Ching - Aint about the Ba-Bling Ba-Bling - Transfer & Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Akramzizou, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

45M?

[​IMG]

40M?​

2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly can say I've never seen this guy Neymar play, but all the stuff people are saying about him and how great he is is exactly what people were saying about Robinho 6 years ago.

3. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    None. Benzema, Higuain, Adebayor (for $7m) and either of Morata or Sarabia are adequate.

Neymar lacks the personality to succeed, and we dont want no more Baptista's and Robhino's around. Too much of a risk at 40m Euro's and again there is no need for him here.

Aguero offers nothing different to the players we have, therefore will add very little to the team if he comes. Plus, 45m Euros is too much, we can get players like Cesc (although not needed) for that amount of money.

The only position we need to strengthen is the LB/RB department, assuming Ramos is moved to the centre, and Arbeloa starts on the right. So Conteroa is not a bad idea.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm not going to look at what he accomplished individually because we all know he's not had the best supporting cast. What he has proven is that he's one of the top strikers in Europe; there is no transition or adjustment period with him.

5. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    For me Neymar is a class above his compatriot. Robinho at Santos was spectacular to watch, a real joy but he had to work very hard to get those results. We saw here what happened when he decided a work ethic was optional. Neymar on the other hand can do the same things as Robinho and even more pretty effortlessly, it's pretty scary actually to think of how he'll turn out if he decides to put his head down and work and learn. But their mercurial temperaments and sense of entitlement can't be ignored. I think the people surrounding Neymar, including his parents, don't really have his best interests in mind either and who knows how that will play out down the road. There is no way would I ever pay in excess of 35 ME for a player YS rightly describes as a project not with his baggage despite the talent.

6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Libertadores final starting right now.

7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Going to see this kid for the first time.

Sort the hair out.

8. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stream by chance?

9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Booked for the most pathetic dive.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    ^yup, wasn't even close.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs and agree we don't need either and for the price quoted for Neymar I'd pass without hesitation. If Benz or Higuain were out the door, Aguero would make sense. This desire for Aguero gives me the feeling many still don't have tons of faith in Benzema. Or are worried about Gonzalos ability to get back to where he was. Could be wrong, but probably not.

15. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    He played a major role in winning them the Europa League.

16. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Floro wants a new expensive toy and is not waiting for Santa since he always gets coal.

So whether you like it or not, you are getting a new shiny expensive toy.

17. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wouldn't mind either Kun or Neymar tbh

18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are a privileged bunch having to pick between two very talented and exciting players while such big price tags being mere details. Especially with the financial fair play stuff coming up and us being one of the healthiest big teams out there (and we had that 250M summer two years ago :eek:).

Gotta love Floro.

[​IMG]

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Forlan played a major role in winning them the Europa League.

Aguero is a very good player though just not the type of player this team needs right now. Especially not for 45M.

20. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really, so you have never seen him play? And yet you attempt to make a conclusion because people say he is great and they also said the same thing about Robihno? Perhaps Madrid needs to institute a new regulation in which they never make any purchases of players that people think are "great." Only mediocre or the downright atrocious will work for Madrid.

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As for Neymar, 40 million is a ridiculous amount of money for a player who hasn't even proven himself in Europe yet. For that price, it's better off going for Aguero.

IMO, Real should have picked up Luiz Suares. 25 million Liverpool paid were well worth it and he's just as good as Kun Aguero. I actually prefer him to Kun.

Inter offer 30 million for Kaka.
    http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Internacional/real_madrid/interior.aspx?content_id=702609

22. therealrealfan

Jun 12, 2011
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Flo has a striking resemblance to Baghdad Bob . Just struck me when I saw the pic you posted

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Press is saying that Benfica's president is in Madrid to meet with us about Coentrao. Jorge Mendes and Jose Angel Sanchez met last night. The presidents are meeting today. AS is saying 22 million plus one of the following: Garay, Gago, or Sarabia (I can't imagine those three are deemed to be of equal value).

Gago was just saying that he wants to talk to Mourinho after the Copa America. I imagine Garay is the most likely candidate in that deal based on previous reports.

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Including the one yesterday? ;)