Ahn Jung-Hwan

Discussion in 'Korea' started by seolseol, Sep 25, 2003.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just have to say that i'm getting really pissed that Ahn never gets the chance to play in europe!

I'm afraid he will give up soon, i dont want that cause he's a great football player.

What do you guys think??

2. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahn to the Metrostars!

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HAHA, just a joke or is it true?

4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Well, he has played in Europe already, but I'm sure you already knew that ;) He just needs to go back.

Ahn just really needs to sort out all this agent stuff sorted out in time for the next transfer window. As far as I see it it's next time or never, if it is not too late already. Right after the world cup was his best chance to land a job with a european team when his value was high, but the whole Perugia situation of course screwed that up.

He's playing well in J-League right now, and has settled down well, but I don't know if he's necessarily better now then he was at the world cup. He needs to find an European team quick, or he may never get another chance, just like what happened to guys like Yoo Sang Chul or Hong Myung Bo. I truly wish him the best, as he is one of my favourite Korean players as of now.

5. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    as far as i know...ahn did severe the tie with his agent (e-player or whatever) at the end of august after they fail to sign him in europe....this i read in soccernet.com

6. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    In the second clip, it seems like our Ahn is turning into Choi Yong Soo. -_-

That reminds me, can anyone find that hilarious pho-shopped photo of Choi Yong Soo superimposed into a baseball game. In the picture he's seen on the batting plate kicking a soccer ball high in the air as if he just sturck a homer.

That imag eof him was captured from the Korea-USA match when put th eball high above the crossbar just 4 yards out without the keeper in his shot angle.

7. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    he'd get a chance if he was good enough... or if he didnt demand too much money... or if he decided to be not too picky about the team he wants to play for.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, thats true, he cant think he's going to play for Real Madrid.
    Any european middle club would be good for Ahn.

9. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    yes....
    i know there were a talk about him going to malloca. it is a great team in la liga (spanish cup winner last year) and they have great cameroon striker, eto'o, who probably will be snatched up by top european club next couple of years. and it is beautiful place to live, after all. if he were to play there and put his foot in europe, he would have chances to play against giants like real madrid, barcelona, valencia and so forth. so if performs well, others will be interested in him and he can raise prices then and be choosy about where he is going. it is all very frustrating.....that's all

10. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    I wonder how much his lock of hair cost for some middle aged housewife in Shimizu to buy from that auction.

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/abendregen/Hair_cut_ceremony(J-sports).wmv

11. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

probably nothing. other newscasters were making fun of her for bringing back his hair.