Ahn could be loaned to a J-League club temporarily

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Korean Football, Sep 1, 2002.

1. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    You made a good point. I agree with you that it was Ahn's big mistake to say that at the press conference. Although, I think he really didn't mean to say that.

However, I also believe that Ahn will take J-league very seriously. He knows more than anyone that he has to play harder than anyone in J-league to go to Europe later when his contract is over.

2. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    He may have brought ups some points (I wouldnt call them "good" points, though they are "points")
    But that doesnt change the fact that he is a troll. In case it has escaped your attention, this is exactly the same person who previously posted as "Sameo", and when those comments were shown to be meaningless, changed his handle to "Live in Yokohama". Now he registers again under a new name for no other reason than to provide a more carefully worded and "reasonable" message grinding his same old axe.

The point is, he can speak for his own opinions if he wants to (though he should probably stick to one name instead of choosing a new one as often as he changes his underwear). But he should not presume to speak for "most people" in Japan. The clear fact is that Ahn is a popular and highly regarded football player in Japan. The vast majority of people will welcome him playing in Japan, whether it be for four months, a year, or whatever.

Claiming that Ahn is just "using" the league is one of the silliest statements Ive ever heard. I suppose you think that the club isnt "using" Ahn in exactly the same way, to boost attendance, or to avoid relegation or whatever their purpose might be. It is only natural, when you are plasying under a rental agreement, that you are just a hired gun. The club isnt expected to "care" about you any more than you are expected to "care" about the club. If you do your job, and do it reasonably well, everybody gets what they want.

The player is doing it in his own self interest.
    The club is doing it in its self interest.
    If you never realised this fact before, then welcome to the real world.

So, "Sameo", or should I call you "Live in Yokohama" or perhaps "Number Two", or whatever name youve chosen to use today. The point remains. You speak for yourself, and maybe a very small number of bitter killjoys just like you. But the headlines in the newspapers, the stories on national TV, the poll figures in nationwide surveys, the numbers of fans in the stadium seats, ALL PROVE that you dont talk for the majority of people in Japan.

3. kanasai100

kanasai100 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Nowhere
    Looks like Japan are friends to Korea. But I think Ahn will fare better in J league because it is an Asian league. Asian leagues don't cheat Asian players as much as European leagues though.

4. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Wrong post, sorry.

5. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Ahn is arrogant? well most star players are.
    anyway his conference interview was alot classier than Ichiro's comment when he visited Korea.
    "I could smell garlic here"

6. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    Any word on which club he's going to?

7. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Nothing new but here's another...

[​IMG]
    Tribal Football

8. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Shimiz pulse might get Ahn, Busan dont really have any right to object that.