Ahn could be loaned to a J-League club temporarily

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Korean Football, Sep 1, 2002.

1. ASkenji

ASkenji New Member

Apr 10, 2002
    Sao Paulo
    Why can't Ahn be sold?
    Why?Why?

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    leelo

calm down. please. i beg you. yes he deserves better but does he have a choice now? and since you said that you could care less about the jaoaese' reactions, i wonder how you would react if ahn got jeered at every game he played.

3. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    ok you couldve said the same thing in like 2 sentences and you almost got me confused.

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    And when was the last time a Japanese club beat a Korean club in an important match? :)

5. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    what's up with you?

Ahn is certainly not going to stay in the J-League forever! He's just trying to find a club where he can maintain his "feelings" of the game until the end of this year when the transfer market opens up.

It's either that or he just won't be able to go to ANY team.

He can't go to K-League team either. The market's closed already. As for the J-League, it has no deadline for the transfer so that's why Ahn's choosing to play instead of not-play.

6. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Ahn can

1) Sit on his ass on, get rusty, lose feel for the game, fade from public memory, not get paid or

2) Play on a regular basis and maintain his playing edge, enjoy a regular salary and probably much more in product endorsements, and remain in the public eye so that he will remain attractive to European teams.

Gee, it's a hard choice isn't it?

True, things would have been better if he went to another European team but things didn't work out that way. This is the best situation for him, given the situation he was dealt. Regardless, you can't deny it beats being stuck with an @$$hole CEO in Perugia.

7. hahaha, it seems like stupid leelo has had enough of the "temporal peace" he was calling for.

8. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerNet

9. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when did he become such a [edited-KF]?

10. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I agree Ahn should be playing in Europe, but this is at least better than getting involved in the court for the battle between Busan and Perugia's rights of player and being sued for not returning to Italy and etcera etcera...
    I know he could have gone to teams like Shalke 04 ,Paris, or Fenerbache had he decided a little earlier, but he had EPL all over his heart and didn't want to go anywhere else which was not a good move.
    But now because of this, Ahn will be free of worrying about transfer fee and being sued by Perugia. He can concentrate on playing games and as far as I know he would sign with J League club so he would not be blocked by the club when he wants to move to Europe.
    So for given situation, I think this was the best thing he could do. Of course if he'd knew what was coming about 2 months ago, he could have done better, say moving to Germany or France.

11. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    same goes for Sang-chul Yoo. He completely ignored all the calls from the Bundesliga, French, and the Dutch league.

Again, it's the agents' fault. Had they known better, they would have advised Yoo to consider other leagues too.

12. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I think its pretty obvious from his attitude that he is just a hard-core racist who hates Japan and everything Japanese. People who truly care about Ahn's career might wonder why a Japanese company helped him win his freedom from Perugia. Why not a Korean company? This is typical of looloo. Try to do something nice for somebody, or try to say something nice about them, and he just wants to bite your hand.

KF, why dont you just quit "editing" his racist crap and card him?? He continues to prove that the people stirring up hatred in this forum are Koreans (no, not ALL Koreans, just a few racists who are making a bad name for everyone else)

13. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    What is it that you find "artificial" or "superficial"?
    Is it the fact that I like Korean people, and have many, many Korean friends? The fact that I dont immediately want to say racist things about them or fight with them? Does that seem "unnatural"????

I AM showing my "true feelings". I am sorry to disappoint you but I do not despise Koreans. I like people of every country, race or nationality because none of those things matter. The only thing that matters is what kind of person you are. The only thing I despise is racist trolls.

Guess who fits into that category?

14. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    ^^

Wait, that wasn't JPFN's quote. He was quoting Korea Fighting. Then those words got edited.

Anyway, there's no need for that language here. See my post on Ahn's options. No matter what anyone thinks, this is the best move he could have made given his situation between a rock and a hard place. Both sides win here. Ahn plays, gets a ton of money, remains in the spotlight for a European team, and his new team gets a proven player. There's nothing wrong with that.

15. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    "Korea Fighting" is the same person as Looloo. He has been around here for a long time, and the one thing he enjoys most in this world is trying to start an argument and create hatred between people of Asia. He once posted a long message explaining how he hates all Japs and wants to kill us all. Then he helped start a war between Koreans, Chinese and Japanese on this board just a few weeks ago.

Look, KoreaFootball, I only came back because a few other people on this board told me that you were making an effort to stop all this crap. I appreciate your efforts to do that, but until you can find some way to shut this kid up, the fighting is just going to continue.
    I really enjoy posting here, but I simply cant stand this sort of antagonism and hatred. I know some people say that I should just ignore it, but for me the only way to truly ignore it is not to come here at all. It really hurts my heart to see this sort of fighting going on, and if it continues, I really dont know if I can stand it.

16. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Korea Fighting is the roy keane of these boards

17. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    I don't remember well, but I think the last time Korean club(I think that was Suwon) faced a J.League club was Iwata. Suwon advanced to the semis by beating Iwata on aggregate after drawing both home and away games. What I remember is a Korean club failed to meet Iwata in '99 and '00 because their representing teams(I think one of them was Suwon) lost to Saudi and Iranian clubs before the final.

> Japanese people are not South Koreans
    Well, that is not true...Japanese have many genes that are found in people of Taiwan, China, Korea, Russia, Ainu and some SE Asian countries. Statistically, 30% of the Japanese have Korean genes. That's why I always find it meaningless and funny to talk like "hey we are Koreans, and we are better than you Japanese ethnically" and vice versa. Let's just talk about things related to football.

Regarding Ahn's possible transfer to J.League, that won't be a bad idea. I don't know if his arrival help bring more audience into the games though, and his short stay in Japan may be discouraging for any J.League clubs to make a contract with him.

What I read is a Japanese sporting agency has bought the right of Ahn from Perugia by some $3M so that Ahn is free of Perugia. Ofcouse, it doesn't mean that Ahn can go to whichever club he wants to. The transfer fee must be heigh enough to pay the expense that has cost the agency to buy the consession.

In addition to the financial aspect, he needs to be sharp when he manages to transfer to Europe early next year. The league is in the middle of the season, and clubs want players ready to start at least in a few weeks. If the K.league regulations prohibit him from playing in the league, he has to find a club where he could play. So, unlike Korea Fighting is saying, the problem is not wether he derserves a better league or not(I think J.League proveds better circumstance though). He first needs to be playing regularly in games, otherwise we will have hard time even finding a club to talk to. BTW, I don't know about Busan's role in Ahn's case. Does Busan still have some legal rights over Ahn?

18. what are you talking about?? i thought the latest one was kashima vs suwon and the other i forgot not long ago in 21st asia club championship. suwon beat kashima and the other one tied with a late goal. also in winner's cup hyundai tied with shimizu in both game and advanced by what the hell was it called? the thing that you count an away goal 2 or whatsoever.

19. this is the worst insult roy keane ever heard

20. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Actually esvee is correct about the historical record of Korean clubs against Japanese. Last year Suwon beat Kashima Antlers (although the match was in Korea).

The fact is, the J.League never took Asian club competitions seriously in the past. Up to 2000, they didnt even allow teams to adjust their schedule in order to play an Asia Cup match, so more often than not, the team had to send its second string squad to play in Asian competitions. In fact, I remember one match in 1997 when Antlers had to play a match in Thailand on the same day as a J.League match, and the same week as a Japan national team match against Kazakhstan. Akita, Narahashi and Soma all were in Kazakhstan and the rest of the team was playing a J.League match, so the Kashima Antlers Youth (U-18) team went to Thailand to play the match. So it isnt surprising that J.League teams have a poor record in Asian club competition.

Still, that doesnt change what esvee was saying, which is that K.League teams have a much better record in matches between K and J Leagues.

Having said that, I think even most Korean players would agree that J.League is slightly more competitive than K.League. Why else would the top Korean players want to play in Japan? As Ahn said himself, in his interview, it is a new experience for him and a chance to stay in shape. Anyone who would criticise such a decision could only be speaking on the basis of personal feelings, instead of thinking what is best for Ahn

21. LiveinYokohama

LiveinYokohama New Member

Dec 1, 2001
    I don't welcome him.
    Most of the Japanese soccer fans won't welcome him, either.
    He has many problems too much.

Don't sell Japan the goods which remained unsold.

22. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Korea_Fighting, I believe you've got enough of those warning PMs.

23. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    WTH does this mean? No problems now. He's apparently free and clear of Busan and Perugia.

24. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Speak for yourself. Most Japanese fans will be very excited to see him here. If there is any doubt, go check the front page of the Nikkan Sports today. It seems like you are just trying to create an argument

Stop posting comments that are trying to troll for reactions. You are as bad as Looloo!!!

25. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    It looks like Ahn will probably be playing for Tokyo Verdy!!!!!

This makes me very happy because the Tokyo Soccer Stadium is just 30 minutes from my house in Tokyo. But if he does go to Verdy, my RSN reports may be a bit late, in the future, because I will probably start going to Tokyo for the weekend to watch Ahn in action!!

For a full report of the speculation about his new club, you can read it at the RSN.