News: Ahem...in case u didn't know, the next World Cup is in Russia.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Zenit, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad what this forum has become, after so many brain cells and employer time (I think they call that employee theft of time now) burned off here in the heyday of the FSU forums on BigS.

Maybe some of the old folks will come back - Russia is GUARANTEED to be in the next WC. Euro WC qualifiers are as interesting as ever, CONCACAF quas have tossed a new twist...it is a ways aways, but it is still the world cup.

Chesco United repped this.
  2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I still have the Argentina shirt I got for winning our World Cup pool, guessing that was 2010, thanks for that again. Yea that aspect kinda bothers me, how much time was wasted when you see its all meant nothing in the end haha.
    As much as forums have gone obsolete I doubt it would've had that big of effect on this group, for me the war destroyed the UPL and took with it my club Dnipro and our big rival Metalist too. From 2008-2014 the league was slowly rising, looking back I took for granted how amazing the league was from 2011-2014. In spring of 2014 we had 5 clubs in the knockout stage of Europe, it was the highest moment for the league and before the spring season got under way and then in a blink of an eye everything changed. Putin killed this board like many other things...

Chesco United repped this.