Again just one goal

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Sep 24, 2003.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    this is to much

I need some answers about last game!!
    did B play so bad or they didnt have luck?
    What to do or just wait?
    Is this the same problem as it was with Van Gaal?
    I will wait just one or two weaks, if in that time we doesnt win ...

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puchov v Barca [R]

The Turkish ref was not on Barca's side. Overmars earned a penalty or at least a close free-kick..no call..an Obvious shirt tug.

Kluivert first goal was called back Completely incorrectly. The ball struck the wall and was Handballed..keeping Kluivert onside..and he scored but offside was whistled.

And then COMES RIJKAARD!! his Retard Formation is Not WORKING!

FOr some reason Gerard was disciplined and didn't play....and Neither did RUSTU! All we needed was a Keeper who was smart enough to know how to defend corners and when to snatch down crosses. Valdes only had to make 2 saves and well..he made only 1!!

IMHO, Xavi could've been benched for Gerard and Luis Enrique could've been in Quaresma's spot and allow Saviola to start or something else. Ronaldinho is not a Striker he is more of a player who must run at the defence..so he can play closer to Xavi. he can also make the excellent passes. I think Barca should move the ball along the wings..and allow Gaucho to move closer to the 18 yrd box then operate.

Ronaldinho, Overmars, Puyol and Luis Enrique and Saviola are the only players playing like the Want to Win some Silver.

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Thanks, perhaps Barca should play only 3 defenders in line so that there would be place for another striker ( Roma play that way and won 4-0)

4. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
  5. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Re: Puchov v Barca [R]

DFR, Rustu isn't going to score us any goals. Who knows, Valdes may be outperforming Rustu in training. He's obviously doing something right to keep Rustu on the bench.

The bottom line is that we should've run up the score on these clowns and we didn't. The reserve squad should've won 3-0.

I don't even think it's the formation either. It's been the same s*** with a few different managers now. Kluivert is not a finisher that can be counted on. He never was. As long as he's in the squad things will not change, no matter who's servicing him the ball from midfield.

It makes you appreciate Rivaldo and how much he carried the team when he was at the club.

6. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIne..don't start him but put him in the match in the 2nd half.

If Barca had lost, no one would care about Gerard's cell phone. It'd could've been a Wrong number, or his mother's calling from the hospital or something..

7. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventus
    France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Barca blows it as usual

I've never understood Barca and never will. How is it that a team can do so well in Champions league (last year) yet do horribly in La liga? The competition is extremely more difficult in Europe. Now it's the opposite. They're doing quite well (for now) in la liga, yet struggled against Puchov. What gives? I know it's too early and the next game is at Nou camp, but it could be an early indicator.

8. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with your point about Rustu, but you say "I'll play him in Europe" and then dont' play him..something must be wrong, unless Rustu got hurt playing for Turkey.

Luis Enrique was virtually invisible till he made the run in the 2nd half. Ronaldinho and Overmars were the hardest offensive workers. IMHO. Take Xavi out for Gerard, until Xavi returns to the form we need him to be at. Defensively I mean.

I would like to see Ronaldinho where Luis Enrique played..close to Xavi. Simply because against a team like Puchov..he was absorbing and breaking through tackles.

His lack of defensive work would be a huge problem. But he could keep Barca in possession much longer away from goal as well as force the defense to stretch out to cut off his space.