After game salute

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by Eyenigma, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious why do the galaxy players always do the arm raising salute to the ACB and not the LARS after the match? Coincidence? I even saw DB go over and clap for all 3 Galaxians. Is there any reason to exclude LARS?

2. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just ACB's special thing. The players don't hate LARS. Omar bought them a keg last season... well I can't say that Becks doesn't hate LARS.

3. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'am more curious as to who we are gonna bring in to beef up our strike force cos barrett and angel aint cutting the mustard, and as for all 3 galaxians, well theres usually about 20 or so and some of these guys have been to RSL, and San Jose this season and are gonna follow the galaxy up to vancouver and portland, so i think they deserve a bit of respect as true galaxy fans and not a back hander off you.

4. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Truth. It's easy to be in a group that has 700 at games, it's not easy to be in a group with 20. Don't forget, galaxians started the Galaxy's supporter culture.

5. bon8017

bon8017 Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Angel City Brigade
    Is that who bought the keg?! sweet!

6. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly no disrespect meant. Didn't realize there were 20. Looked like maybe just a family or someone keeping it alive in that section. Glad the original support group is still alive and kicking.

7. Simi Valley Galaxian

Aug 6, 2011
    Simi Valley
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Can't recall DB ever coming over to us Galaxians. Berhalter does it, as does Dunivant on occasion. The thing is with the Galaxians is we really don't give a ******** what anyone else thinks of us, we are there to support the team and not score points as to who is the best group. They had massive numbers once, other groups formed, we don't dwell on it.
    A few of us (myself included) travel to away games, we do it because we support the Galaxy and that's it.
    A point of contention for me is when G's fans travel, maybe it would be a good idea to put aside LARS and ACB chants and have a set of neutral LA Galaxy chants that we can all sing together. This should also be the order of the day when we play Shitvas away at the HDC. I went to RSL with the ACB, sang all the Galaxy chants, gave the ACB ones a miss. It was the same in Vancouver and Portland with the LARS chants. We are all Galaxy fans guys (and gals) let's sort it out, leave the group rivalry for the HDC. We'll make more noise that way, unless we have a crew of bongo playing hooligans behind us like in Canada.
    Just my humble opinion folks.

8. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunnivant and Berhalter are quality guys.

9. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa... Canadian BPH's are a rare species! Their bongoes have resonances that can't be found in the lower climates of North America. Why, even Matthew McConaughey tried playing those bongoes in the nude in Austin, AND FAILED.

You should feel fortunate for the chance to behold the wild Canadian BPH.

And "Todd Rules" and "Beerholder" are truly great men.

tm
    lars

10. Simi Valley Galaxian

Aug 6, 2011
    Simi Valley
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    True dat TM.
    I honestly think they were seated behind the travelling G's just to thwart us. Every time we started a chant they started playing in unison in order to drown us out. Didn't stop us though, we have heart, they have $9 pints up there.I know where I'd rather live.