African Footballer Of The Month?

Discussion in 'Africa' started by OYEWALE, Sep 5, 2007.

1. OYEWALE

OYEWALE New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Lagos
    Hello guys,
    What do you see of this thread? Can we have a monthly analysis of African footballers' performance at the end of every month and see who we can give the award. Let's start with August, last month, who do you think was Africa's best performer last month.I think this will be useful in arriving at a less-controvertible Africa POTY award.
    I expect nominations for August.
    To start the debate,I have been following EPL more than any other league and I can say Utaka,Benjani,Kanu,Diouf and Essien were wonderful.I have also read about Rangers' Daniel Cousin's performance in Scotland as Nigeria's Mennasseh Ishiaku in Bundesliga. Which African did wonders in other leagues(France and Spain in particular) in August.

2. OYEWALE

OYEWALE New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Lagos
    AFRICA'S TOP 3--AUGUST 2007
    1.F. KANOUTE--SEVILLA AND MALI
    He has started well this season.His hattrick against Real madrid and solid league performances inform my choice.

2.JOHN UTAKA--PORTSMOUTH AND NIGERIA
    He has not only scored 2 premiership goals but has also been outstanding in all league games he has played so far.Portsmouth's best performer in virtually all their matches played so far.

3.DANIEL COUSIN---RANGERS AND GABON
    Two goals in debut, another two goals the week after.End of discussion.

Hon. Mentions:
    Martins,Kanu,Benjani,Muntari,Essien,Sissoko,Diouf

3. OYEWALE

OYEWALE New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Lagos
    SEPTEMBER?
    Obviously Adebayor of Arsenal and Togo. Any challenger? Who come 2nd and 3rd?

4. Zdravkovic

Zdravkovic New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Boubacar Sanogo?

5. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not everyth are goals. Mahamadou Diarra has made a wonderful September in Real unbeaten start of the season. He is supporting the midfield so that Guti and Sneijder can play offensive.