AFL, Round 3 {R}

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by babytiger2001, Apr 6, 2004.

1. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe at this rate, Frawley will wish he was back at North Ballarat.

But Thompson, I've been saying that he's got a season shelf life of about six weeks before the fans will turn on him in droves, and the way things are going so far, there's no way the fans can tolerate what's been happening so far this season, with the improved effort on Saturday night notwithstanding.

2. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Goal of the Year candidate in that Kangas/Blues match, eh? Can't remember now whose stroke of brilliance it was, but it was the bicycle kick whilst being pulled down by a defender.

3. the_baron

the_baron New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    County Tyrone
    Saw the Aussie Rules show on TG4.

The Lions looked awsome, and they're the team I ************in' hate. :(

Geelong were unlucky against Sydney.

Carlton are the most improved side of the Year so far. Very unlucky against North Melbourne.

4. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After winning the last three flags, I know Brisbane is a team everyone but the Lions fans themselves hates... or at least loves to hate.

They're looking pretty sharp through the first three rounds, but if St. Kilda can keep up their hot run deep into the season, then it may not be a one- or two-horse race come August and September.

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I hear a mighty roar...

Actually, I don't put too much stock in the early rounds...remember how strong Port looked all the way through the home-and-away series...and how shaky the Lions were entering the finals last year?

6. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. Early-season speculation is just that-- speculation.

But you mention Port Adelaide, I think what their fans really need, to depict their reality, is a calendar with only 11 months on it. With September missing, of course. :D