Afghanistan Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by stimory, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Badakhshan, Kundoz, Takhar, and Baghlan. Football is pretty big in the northeast and I would expect a bunch of teams from that region if/when they establish a proper league.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Strange that they didnt add Kunar or Nuristan to Mawjhai Amu as they are both pretty much north eastern aswell.

Once (hopefully) the AFF build a proper league im not expecting to have teams from each provinces. It looks to me like the AFF are waiting until they have an "AFF" stadium in each region so they can establish a league with proper home and away games. It seems they are almost done as there is already an AFF stadium in Kabul, Panjshir, Herat, Jalalabad, Herat, and they are covering Kandahar's stadium with artificial turf soon aswell. That only leaves De Abasin Sape and Mawjhai Amu without stadiums, so hopefully AFF intends to cover stadiums with artificial turf there aswell. My guess Kunduz and Ghazni will be the provinces that host games for their regions.

If this has been the AFF's plan all along then I will hold less against them for having this fake tournament for all these years.

3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Herat Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Jalalabad Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Balkh Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Panjshir Stadium
    [​IMG]

4. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Kunar and Nuristan have more cultural affinity to Jalalabad and they are physically cut off from the rest of the northeast by the Hindu Kush mountains.

You are giving way too much credit to the AFF imo. This is the same federation that didn't have enough kits for the national team after receiving $5 million from FIFA after the world cup.

Personally I am not a fan of turf. It is more dangerous for the players and the turf currently installed in the three stadiums in Afghanistan (AFF, Ghazi, and Herat) is more of a carpet than turf. The only places where turf makes sense is in places where it snows early (Badakhshan) or in the southeast and the south where the climate makes it difficult to grow a proper grass pitch.

I don't remember the details exactly but the big problem right now is that the AFF basically wants the provincial associations to hand over the stadium rights so that it can become an "AFF stadium." Understandably, most provincial associations aren't willing to play along. I think a long term strategy is needed, similar to when Japan devised a vision of 100 professional clubs in 100 years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.League_100_Year_Plan_club_status

5. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    2 weeks to go before Malaysia friendly.

what is everyones thoughts on the squad?
    will we see additional players from the latest Afghan Premier League?
    Will any of the new players that played against Lebanon be selected?
    Will players like Josef Shirdel who still has no club be included in the team?

many questions :)

6. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Hard to say without knowing who is in the squad. I do however hope we have more players available than against Lebanon. I want to see this team play at full strength. I also think this game is a must win for us, just to keep up team morale.

Hard to argue against Shirdel not playing when we have players like Hatifie who haven't played at a high club level in years.

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Good points, now that I take another look at the provinces of each team AFF have done a surprisingly good job.

While turf is not my first choice id rather go with it rather than those pitches that we during greenfield where it's very patchy and the ball barely rolls.

As you said in your second paragraph this is the AFF we are talking about dont expect some long term goal. The closest thing we'll get is "we want to qualify to the 2022 world cup" while still having our youth teams thrashed in South Asian tournaments.

sshah repped this.
  8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    The squad vs Lebanon was I hope Hassan Amin, Amiri, Mukhammad, and Kanishka are able to join the team once again. De Maiwand Atalan have quite a few exciting players, its also time for Munirulhaq Nadim to make the nt.

sshah repped this.
  9. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Big shout out to the Afghan beach soccer team for making it to the semifinals of the Asian beach games. Hope more attention will be paid to them after this.

10. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    really is amazing

11. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    A very tepid APL. The level of play has improved since last year when they would foul every few seconds. The officiating was the worst I have ever seen. I hope this is the last of the APL in its current format.

12. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    The goalkeeping was the worse! Following by poor positional defending

Still plenty of work required, more training, focus and longer league structure will improve domestic football

sshah repped this.
  13. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    sshah repped this.
  14. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Agreed. Goalkeeping in particular is a skill fine-tuned over time. It won't improve when most APL goalkeepers are discarded after 3 games.

15. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Disappointed with the squad selected by Segrt. Mukhammad plays regular football but still doesn't get selected.....

Picking Mashriqi? Are you kidding me?!!? Hatifie's selection was hard enough to justify as it is but picking Mashriqi is garbage. Could have given the spot to a domestic player. I also don't understand not selecting Amani.

16. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I strongly doubt that is his squad
    Im guessing Mukhammad and Amani were not chosen due to visa problems? But picking Mashriqi is mindboggling, i predict Kargar had a bit to do with that selection.

sshah repped this.
  17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    [​IMG]
    Still much stronger than the squad vs Lebanon.

18. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    - Milad Salem only recently came back from injury so I guess he is not ready for international football yet, I believe he should be ready for the November friendly.

- Sharif Mukhamad is an interesting one, must be visa issues?

- Mustafa Hadid and Khaibar Amani are injured

- Yusef Mashriqi is back, does he deserve it? does he even play for a club? I will be keen to find out how he goes but some surprising selections...

19. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    My starting XI in a 433

Azizi
    Intezar Saighani Dastgir Amin
    Alikhil Taher
    Popalzay Shayesteh N.Amiri
    Z.Amiri

20. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I wouldn't rule it out.. Segrt himself complained that he had no control over team selections. At this rate no foreign coach would be willing to lead this team.:eek:

21. alizadazekria

alizadazekria Member

May 9, 2015
    XI against Malaysia hopefully

4-2-3-1
    Azizi
    Intezar-Iqbalzadeh-Saighani-Amin
    Alikhil-Taher
    Kouhyar-Shayesteh-Popalzay
    Zubayr Amiri

Or

Gariwal
    Intezar-Hashemi-Saighani-Amin
    Alikhil-Shayesteh
    Popalzay-Shirdel-S Azizi
    Zadran

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    He actually said that?

23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    im not so sure. Segrt seems to love the team/country for some reason.

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Hello Afghanistan !��We are now with our afghan national team in Malaysia and prepare us for the friendly game on 11.10.2016 in Malaysia!

At first we are so unlucky to lose some of our key players due to injuries. Khaibar Amani, Mustafa Zazai, Mustafa Hadid and now three more players added to the list of injuries.
    Josef Shirdel came with back injury, Yusef Mashriqi is ill and most importantly our very very great talent Maziar Kouhyar got a knee injury without contact yesterday and all three must go home.
    We saw Maziar in the training, he is one of the greatest Afghan talent and we will need him a lot in the future games specially Asian Cup.
    ��I also feel very sorry that nobody from our afghan media can come to Malaysia because of the visa problems or other reasons ! In my opinion the afghan people in Afghanistan and all afghan people all over the world deserve it that the media can bring all information around our afghan players and in the afghan national team to you! But it is at the moment not possible ! ��So will I try to give you some information about us our work and our situation in Malaysia! I must say it before ,, I am not the man who is often on Facebook ,, but I see the only chance to inform you all is on this way ! So I will try my best ! ��On the 04.10.2016 I arrived with first 12 players Malaysia ! Because most of the players don't get first visa ! We start to training but without goalkeepers ! Today on the 06.10.2016 arrived 9 players more and we hope the last 5 players will arrived today and tomorrow night! ��We will miss sure some players like Hadid, Kaibar , Zazai for injuries! Also we will some players like Milad Salem because his club not allowed him come ! But Milad want come and I want that Milad Salem come to our afghan national team ! But also we must respect this time the decision from his club because Milad was very long time injured ( more that 1 year ) and his club is very worry that he injured by us again! Sure I am as afghan national coach want to have in every friendly game the best players but I was with Milad long talking and I hope he will be in November by the friendly game in Tajikistan with us! I like him very much as player and I have a big respect from him as person but most important I think he will make us with Hadid, Kaibar and Zazai in Asia cup qualification 2017 much more stronger! So I must be passion and wait that I have my best afghan team together ! ! ! ��But we will have here in Malaysia also some new player to test ! ��Like first time with us the central stopper Haseeb Rahim (25 years ) who play in USA ! Also a very talented player from England Maziar Kouhyar who play in offensive midfield ( 19 years ) ! Also we have again some young players who was with us in Lebanon first time like the striker Noor Zadran ( 22 years) , the defensive midfielder Mohammad Saber Azizi (20 years) , the offensive midfielder Edriss Hushamand ( 17 years ) all live and play in Sweden and also the left or right defender Milad Intezar ( 21 years ) who played in holland ! We was also trying to get some players from Afghanistan premier logs like Amrrudin Sharifi ( very interesting striker 23 years ) or the central defender Abdul Manan Azizi (23 years ) also the striker Faiz Faizi ( 24 years ) or some other players more from afghan premier liga BUT it was for this game for the visa problems not possible ! Malaysia has some very hard visa control and in this case I am very happy the aff can make the visa for all other afghan players ! But all this players are on my list and when we play in November in Tajikistan I hope I can see them all to trading with us ! Because I will never give somebody to play for Afghanistan ( so long I am coach ) before I see them self some days to training with us in our afghan national team ! After I think I can give them a chance and we need them for tactic reason then maybe some of them can shoe in a game for Afghanistan what they can ! So is coming very clear that I have the lat decision! ��But the last days we don't was sure how many players can get a visa , how many players will be injured in the last games for there clubs we also call some older player back Mohammed Yusuf Mashriqi ( 28 years ) midfielder! I see him in some games by some tournament in USA and there he was good but now I will see him here in our training too! ��I never will or can promise some players to play for us before I see them self in our training compare to our other players ! So some of them will get maybe there chance and some will don't get a chance to play for our national team ! This is for me normal in professional football but ,, everybody ,, has to accept my decision! ��We must wait until the next two days if and with conditions are also arriving here in Malaysia, Hassan Amin, Amiri Zubary , Amiri Noroallah, Ovays Azizi and Omid Popalzay ! Before they are all not here I can nothing say if or can they are play ! ��Sure is never perfect for a coach to get some of the best players only in the last 2-3 days BUT for this visa things in Malaysia I have to accept it ! Again I am happy that the aff can finish on the end most of the visa because is a big problem from the Malaysia government ! ��Only on thing more I have to say the Malaysia football federation help us a lot in the last days! There are very correct to us and support us how there can ! The Malaysia people are also very friendly to us but for the 90 min in our friendly game on the 11.10.2016 we must forget this hehehe! We are coming here to make a good game ! ��But also in friendly game I will try to look for some new things ! Maybe new players to test or some small tactic changes ! Because in the friendly games we can not only look for the results we must see some new players or what we can make better ! When we are after November then we Go then 2017 in Asia cup qualification we ,, will and must look ONLY for the result ,, ! ��Because when the Asia cup qualification 2017 start we must be ready to make our ALL afghan dream come true and 1. Time go to the Asia cup final 2019 ! ��I still believe in this dream and this sensation because I know will be a great experience for ALL afghan people in Afghanistan and ALL afghans all over the world ! For this I life ! Insahalh (ili kako se to piše )��I hope I can give you afghan people and all afghan media a little information about our preparation for the friendly game against Malaysia? ���Please take care on you and I hope you are good and healthy! I hope we can make for you a good game! ��Cheerio your afghan national coach ��Petar Segrt

edrees repped this.
  25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    From Petar Segrt Facebook page, love this guy. Great to see him confirm that many APL players will join the squad vs Tajikistan and that he will not give players a chance on the team due to connections (cough cough Mashriqi).

Though sadly Hadid, Alikhil, Amani, Kouhyar, Shirdel and Mashriqi are all missing due to injuries/illness and Milad Salem wasnt released by his club.

edrees repped this.