Afghanistan Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by stimory, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    lebanon scores. Jamali is trash

edrees repped this.
  2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Hashemi is big time at fault there!!!

There was no need to slide!!! He allowed the Lebanese player to easily side step him

sshah and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    intezar is an idiot

edrees repped this.
  4. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    who got sent off?

5. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Intezar

6. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Not easy to stop maatouk

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Game over 2-0. Not the end of the world at all, id say there were allot of positives to take from the first half. Will improve once we have real full backs return. The likes of Norlla, Sharif, and Kanishka returning will help too.

Congrats Lebanon.

Parisian75 repped this.
  8. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Afghanistan 0-2 Lebanon.

2 mistakes, 2 goals. simple.

This is the difference between playing a competitive professional team (Lebanon) vs playing a mediocre amateur team (Sri Lanka)

The team requires more experience and need to be able to start building up the play and holding the ball, they either held it too long, and went the long ball to no one.

Players who should be dropped
    -Jamali (did not hold his position, passing was rarely accurate)
    - Hashemi (you cannot do silly mistakes like sliding for no reason, the difference of playing in APL vs international matches)
    - Dastgir (Passing was rarely accurate, passed to no one late in the game in crucial attacking plays)

Only 3 players looked threatening, and showed they are a class above the rest of the team
    - Popalzay
    - Shirdel
    - Amani

Afghan-Juventus and sshah repped this.
  9. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    The second half was very disappointing. I can live with losing a close game, but not even threatening the goal in the second half is unacceptable.

edrees and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  10. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    the Afghan team forgot how to attack, how to pass, how to move, how to shoot. All simple physics of football.
    Dastgir, Hashemi, Jamali should be dropped from the starting lineup.

Of the new players that were called up,
    I thought Intezar was ok, and should be kept in the squad,
    Zadran up front didnt do much damage at all, he should be dropped as I feel we do have enough attacking talent
    Saber Azizi I thought had good touches when he came on, he should be kept.

On the domestic front - Hakimi (I think) who came on for Popalzay, I thought did some great work, given he is from the APL, he did impress me.

11. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Anwari, not Hakimi

edrees repped this.
  12. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Full Link:

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  13. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    A few thoughts after I had time to process the match:

- Segrt needs to settle on a consistent back 4 and stick with it. No one is benefiting from the constant reshuffling of the defense.
    - Subbing out Amani for Akbari killed whatever goal-scoring threat we had. Why take out a striker when you are down a goal? Segrt's substitutions were bizarre.
    - The team showed some flashes that it can vastly improve its passing game. Maybe it is just a confidence issue? The over-reliance on long balls needs to stop.
    - Rumours circulating that the domestic players were chosen by Kargar. If true, it points to a troubling trend where Kargar is constantly getting involved with the national team. Segrt must have 100% control over all personnel decisions.

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I was impressed in the first half by how organized we were without the ball (other than 2 brainfarts). However on the ball we were garbage, constantly playing a pointless long ball when it would be much easier to keep possession with a simple pass or bring the ball forward. However I think this will improve once the likes of Norlla, Shayesteh, and even Zazai are back in the starting XI.

Hashimi and Saighani showed they are both prone to make a mistake at any time, but that attempt of at a slide tackle was horrible by Hashimi. I hope that he can find an actually find a real club so he could weave these mistakes out.

The biggest misses were Amin and Hadid, both going forward and in defense. Both link up play with the wingers is superb and they far more solid defensively than Jamali. I would play Intezar as a right back until Hadid returns.

All in all this team can be much better and it will once all the missing players return.

sshah and edrees repped this.
  15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I agree with all your points but regarding the first, thats not Segrt's fault as Amin and Hadid were not available.

16. alizadazekria

alizadazekria Member

May 9, 2015
    Next call ups for Malaysia should be:

GK
    Ovays Azizi
    Hamidullah Wakily
    Aimal Gariwal

DF
    Hassan Amin
    Masih Saighani
    Roholla Iqbalzadeh
    Hassan Rahmani
    Milad Intezar
    Amed Arezou
    Mohammad Hashemi
    Anoush Dastgir

MF
    Sharif Mukhammad
    Abassin Alikhil
    Faysal Shayesteh
    Mustafa Zazai
    Omid Popalzay
    Saber Azizi
    Kanischka Taher
    Ahmad Hatifie

AT
    Khaibar Amani
    Jusef Shirdel
    Zubayr Amiri
    Mustafa Jafari
    Norlla Amiri

Adding Mustafa Jafari who scored 12 goals in 21 games is a really great addition to the team. He is only 20 years old. Also Mukhammad should be called back. Rahmani and Arezou also should be great additions to the squad. And just always call up the same GK and Defenders so they can adjust to each other.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

sshah and edrees repped this.
  17. alizadazekria

alizadazekria Member

May 9, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Moshtagh Yaghoubi played against Nadiem Amiri. Finland u21 vs Germany u21. Germany won 1-0. Amiri came in as a subtitute. Yaghoubi played the whole game. This was a qualification game for the European under 21 tournament.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

18. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    What is the deal with Norilla Amiri? Not only has he been playing in a lower league but his production has plummeted and he is not even in the starting XI anymore.

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    His team was promoted last season and hes now playing in the Swedish 2nd tier. Though his lack of goals/assists is worrying. Though I think he should still be starting for the national team as he isnt a player who just looks to play a long ball immediately but is actually comfortable with the ball.

20. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    N Amiri is actually doing good in his career, he is playing in the Sweden 2nd Division and his team are in the top half, if they are able to notch back to back wins they will be in line for promotion to the Swedish Premier division!

His form has been on and off but he is still a important player in the team for both club and country

21. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Poor finishing from Toofan cost them a shot at the semifinals. Then again if you can only win 2-0 versus Abasin Sape,, maybe you don't deserve to be in the semifinals.:eek:

22. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Wow Shaheen 8-1 Simorgh. Crazy

sshah repped this.
  23. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Terrible day for the goalkeeper. 3 saves out of 11 shots is bad even for APL standards.

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    The horrible defense infront of him didnt do him any favors either. Spinghar Bazan and Oqaban are both stronger than this Simorgh team.

25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Some great goals by De Maiwand Atalan and Mawjhai Amu today

With a last min goal Mawjhai is still very much in it. Which provinces belong to Mawjhai again?