AFC Tubize and home matches

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Mikebsiu, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    AFC Tubizes home ground only holds 4 thousand, and the belgian stadium requirements are that grounds hold at least 8,000 spectators. As I somewhat follow them, i was wondering where they will now play their home matches. The same problem happend to Kortrijk but they expanded their stadium.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I have no idea, but they never even fill their 4K capacity stadium, so you'd have to wonder what use it has to have them move to an 8K stadium...

Sorry for any of its fans, but Tubize really doesn't have the foundations to support a first division club.

3. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yes i totally agree, i went to a Tubize match three yrs ago and the attendance was 900, and 200 of those fans were away fans. I still cant believe this team is in the Jupiler League. When i last saw them they were in the third division. I think this might be the smallest team to ever compete in the highest division of belgian football. Regardless i hope they manage to be competitive and can cause some upsets.

4. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    They're expanding their stadium as we speak.
    I still doubt that they'll reach 8000 ,though

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It won't matter if they only can attract 2-3K supporters for their home-games...