AFC power structure

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Saudi Bill, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    I'm intrested in knowing more about the way the Asian Football Confedration is being ran.

Their main site www.asain-football.com shows of the Offecial sponsers (Fly Emirates,and soccerex logos help clear a lot of things ;) , and there are Offecial supporters ?

How decesions are made about tournamnets locations, dates, and setup? Are there commities? who is on those commities?

The only ppl I seem to hear of in AFC are peter flipan, and their *new* chife The Qatari Bin Hammam.

For the guys that read the Asian Football mag. dose it show the structure of the AFC and its activities?

You are the only guys I can ask, since the afc site dose not reply to e-mails I send them.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    It's actually a fairly simple structure based on what some folks call the "Golden Rule."

Those who have the gold make the rules.

3. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Seems no one knows for sure how the AFC is beeing run, I wanted names, and direct relationship graphs that would lead us to understand some of AFCs wierd decisions.

4. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Here's a quote from the statutes:

"COMMITTEES
    16.1. Competition Committee
    16.1.1 The Competition Committee shall consist of a Chairman and six (6) members.
    16.1.2. The duties shall be:-
    i)to organise and manage competitions on behalf of the Confederation including making decisions on anymatters related to these Competitions;
    ii)to arrangethe groups, venues and datesforcompetitions and matches and delegate, if necessary, the organisation of the same to any Member or Committee;
    iii)to appoint officials for its competitions;
    iv)to recommend to the Executive Committee amendments or alterations to the Rules, Regulations and Instructions for competitions and matches; and
    v)to submit reports on competitions and matches to the Secretariate.
    "

Members:

COMPETITIONS COMMITTEE
    Chairman: Asad Taqi Kuwait
    Dep. Chairman: Sam Kah Hyun Korea Republic
    Members: Yang Yimin China PR
    Takeo Hirata Japan
    Hassan Ghaffari Iran
    Mohammed A Al Nowaiser Saudi Arabia
    Dato' Yap Nyim Keong Malaysia