AFC Club Manager game

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BC_Gooner, Nov 5, 2003.

1. BC_Gooner

BC_Gooner New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Hey, just heard about this new Arsenal game... looks cool but has anyone managed to get hold of a copy yet? If so, how does it play? I definitely wanna get this as it will pass the hours away when I'm not boarding and drinking!! Just hope they will ship it over here.

Anyway, any info would be great!

If you ain't seen the game yet, check it out:-

www.arsenal.com/sportsappcontroller...e&type=com.sportapps.news.NewsItem&id=4158495

Thanks.

Ps. Here's to a great win against Kiev!!

2. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is htis a computer game, PS2, what? It seems like great fun to pass the time until Winning Eleven 7 comes out. Sorry guys, but this one has officially passed FIFA as best footie game ever, although I did beat Charlton 10-0 yesterday, with 6 goals from Kanu, 2 from Henry and DB10 contributing one. Good stuff.

3. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Does Winning Eleven have the actual teams, or is it sort of generic names, but you know who the teams are anyways? In other words, is it licensed by the EPL and FIFA or not? Also, is it coming out for Xbox?

EDIT: I seem to recall a couple of ArseAmers bought Club Manager last season for their PCs and enjoyed it. If anybody did that or has the new game, I'd love to hear about it, as I'm thinking about picking it up when I head over in December.

4. BC_Gooner

BC_Gooner New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    No, it's a PC game where you play the coach, taking charge of the team and training and transfers, etc. It's not an arcade game where you actually play as the team. If you've ever seen or heard of Championship Manager, this is the same kind of thing. I think so anyway!

I never did like the FIFA games - too 'automatic' for my liking. Winning Eleven has always been the better game - much harder to master!!

5. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    I haven't seen anything that comes close to Championship Manager. I have an old version, but it's a very impressive simulation and the newer versions are supposed to be even better. It's not real big on fancy graphics, but the game itself is outstanding.

6. BC_Gooner

BC_Gooner New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Hey, thanks for posting the review. Well if that was their first attempt then this season's should be even better shouldn't it?! (he says)

I haven't played CM4 yet but I keep hearing that it's too deep, too involved. I played the one before it and I thought that was a little too stat-heavy. No, I'm gonna give this Arsenal game a go if I can get hold of it. I'll post my thoughts on here for everyone else.

Cheers dudes!

7. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that I've had some hardcore time with FIFA '04, I gotta say that EA finally gave it the full-on Madden treatment. The days of FIFA "playing itself" are over. It's gonna be a very close race between FIFA and Winning Eleven 7, if truth be told.

8. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    Yeah, I thought that Just Football Arsenal management game was real fun. Not too difficult to learn, but still had enough elements to keep it fresh for hours of play. I've been trying to get hooked up with this year's version, but haven't received it yet. I want to play out the season on ArseAm.com and have members vote on decisions for each game.

9. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good too me. What are the system requirements for the game? I might want to pick up a copy.

10. goonerooni

goonerooni Member

May 21, 2003
    Hertfordshire
    System requirements are as follows :-

*Win95/2000/Me/XP *DirectX8 Sound Card
    *64Mb Ram *250Mb Hd available
    *DirectX8 *Intel Pentium 2, 233
    *DirectX8 Video Card
    (800x600 - 15bit/16bit/24bit/32bit)

Basically it just runs in comparison with regular run of the mill software, but if you need any more info the makers of the games website is :- www.justfootball.net

Personally im happy with the game, didnt do to well to start with so i decided to dop something helpful..... i read the instructions! now a few points clear at the top of the league after about 15 games played, but crashed out of the champions league early... so its true to life!

Game cost £19 ($31) if anyone on this board wants a copy then i'll happily buy and send on if anyone is interested.