AFC Champions League 2009

Discussion in 'China' started by shingkei, Jan 7, 2009.

1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    about huang bowen, i think he gonna miss for quiet long time after this injury

[​IMG]

tha's for sure hurt like hell

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    賠了夫人又折兵 :(

3. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Sucks that probably only Shandong gonna make it through.

At least Shanghai and Beijing managed to stay in the race to the fourth round.

I'm hugely disappointed in Tianjin, even when they got those good foreigner, they still cant win.

4. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shanghai Shenhua draw with Singapore Armed Forces. What a joke, Shanghai are effectively out. I've never seen a better example of match fixing from the ref then this. What was wrong with Chen Tao' s goal? Heck every offside decision from the ref was a joke as all of them were a good metre onside. Why did Shanghai even bother turning up when the entire team was yellow carded each time they stood up to the ref. read the stats Wang Dalei given a yellow for standing up and he didn't even play.

5. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yep, those damn ASEAN and Arab refs. Like they got inferiority complex or something, gotta take out their anger. But seriously, Shanghai had enough chances to win the game by 3 or 4 goals. Almost like the Korea-Spain match in 2002.

Tianjin, Tommasi scored a solo third goal, but they are OUT. Damn Aussies can't carry their weight.

6. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    BS offside call. Garbage refs but can't say I'm not surprised.

7. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just caught the Beijing result. Very dissapointing overall, they got figured out after the first game. If you're gonna play a 4-3-3 it helps if you've got a target man, Joel Griffiths is a good box player but will he hold the ball up by himself or outjump their defence? This brings me to Beijings biggest problem, their wing forwards who only have one objective of trying to run as quickly to the corner flag before chucking in a weak through ball, again and again. I mean try to mix it up, when was the last time you saw any of Beijing's players try to cut in and score? read this stat only one player playing in a wing forward position has scored a goal for Beijing in the entire season in all competitions. I expected a lot more from Beijing especially as they were not in the hardest group, yet time after time they consistantly played the same tactics and got figured out.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It's done, none of the CSL teams are going through to the next round.

9. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ah CFF,

However Shandong will be the only one out. Only the weak Indonesian side Sriwijaya !

Dont forget about our Li Weifeng who will likely progress to the latter stages with the strong Suwon. He will take the Chinese banner furthest in acl i believe.

10. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    What did you expect? The only player who is even close to being a starter on the field was Yan Xiangchuang (and of course Yang Zhi). Then lineup was more like a 4-5-1 with Ryan Griffiths up top (a position he's never played for Guoan). Even with that lineup and the total lack of teamwork by Guoan, they still came damn close to earning a result in this match. The 1st Newcastle goal was an absolute stone cold offside call that the referee completely botched.

It was a disappointing Champions League campaign, namely because of the two 1-0 losses to Ulsan. I didn't see the 2nd one, but the 1st one was down to bad coaching by Lee. At the end of the day, who gives a damn about Champions League anyways, its a joke and far from being the prestige tournament that UEFA version is. It does suck that only Shandong should advance (but even that isn't 100% guaranteed yet), but such is life...

11. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Shandong Grp F runner v Kashima Grp G winner

very likely next rnd.........

Kashima will be easier than Gamba imo cuz they arent as fast and dont do short quick passing stuff as much.

Im just hoping for a win.

I will always remember when Shandong doubled Yokohama in 2005 when the japanese were sayinng how important acl was... Also when shenzhen beat Jubilo and Al Ahly. Good days. I hope everybody remembers.

12. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The rule sucks. The next round is be a one-leg match and Shandong will have an away match only.

13. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    shit, I guess youre right, just checked wikipedia:

"Group winners vs group runners-up, 1 leg, on a regional basis."

Might as well close this entire China in ACL 09 thread completely. :mad::(

They should just make a East ACL and West ACL and the winners from both regions play a one leg final.......this way they dont have to deal with traveling complaints and reducing the rnd of 16 two legs match.

Anyways that stupid bin Hammam guy is probably gonna go,

14. zhangbig-redded

zhangbig-redded Red Card

Jan 14, 2009
    China
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Shandong is likely to face Kawasaki or Pohang.....

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Look guys, this just goes to show that the level of CSL declined. We use to be able to make the knockout stage, not anymore.

16. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    or maybe the other league level increase

17. zhangbig-redded

zhangbig-redded Red Card

Jan 14, 2009
    China
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    CSL isn't declining...
    2 reasons CSL clubs have failed in recent years.

1) J. League clubs started to take the competition seriously. They are raping K-League in the last 3 seasons (11 wins, 4 draws, only 1 defeat)
    2) A-League joined ACL. CSL is pretty even against them (2 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats)

18. mehdan

mehdan New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Winners of Group G June 24 Runner-up of Group F

shandong grp f runner up v winner grp G (likely Kashima)

Gamba Osaka June 24 Runner-up of Group H (Pohang/kawa)

19. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't think the CSL is declining and I don't really think it has anything to do with A-League, mainly because A-League isn't in season during Champions League and, if Guoan wanted to try for the win and bring starters, I have no doubt they would have been able to deal with how crappy Newcastle was.

It's simple, chalk it up to an off year, some bad breaks (ie Shanghai in Singapore), and not taking it seriously (Guoan in Newcastle)...

20. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shanghai Shenhua are officially out, strangely enough this was confirmed 10min's into the Shanghai Shenhua V Kashima Antlers game. Anyway what I don't get is Suwon were beating SAF anyway to go through, yet the ref still gave Suwon a debatable last minute penalty. I mean what are the people who organise this competition trying to prove here? they've cheated Shanghai in the previous game now are they trying to pore salt over the wound? I mean why did they even allow Shanghai to compete in this competition, when they expanded the competition they could have only allowed Shandong to play and leave it at that.

21. zhangbig-redded

zhangbig-redded Red Card

Jan 14, 2009
    China
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    disaster for chinese football.

22. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    you'll notice a correlation between the national team and CSL. Between 2000 to 2004, our national team was at its peak. Qualifying for World Cup in 2002 and was runner up at the Asian Cup in 2004. During that time, CSL teams did relatively well in Asian Champion's League. I believe in 2005 or 2006, before the national team really started to collapse, Shenzhen and Shandong did really well in ACL. Shenzhen actually had that dramatic upset of one of the middle east teams. Shandong got by a few rounds as well. At minimum, there were at least 1 CSL team in the knockout stage.

Now that our national team has collapsed, just look at our performance in Asian Cup and Workd Cup qualifications. We're having problems with teams like Singapore, Iraq, Thailand, Behrain.

I am telling you guys, our system is flawed. CFA needs to get a entire new flock of leaders.

23. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow what a disgrace, Shandong adds to the list of Chinese teams offically kicked out in the 1st round. While I'm not a fan of Shandong I was expecting them to show some pride for China, yet I have to say their last game in the group stage was truely pathetic, beaten by a team which had the worst record in the entire competition and who had nothing to play for. I'm sorry Shandong had no excuses unlike some of the other Chinese teams, Shanghai were cheated, Tianjin were inexperienced even some say Beijing didn't care about this cup. Shandong on the other hand played their strongest possible team and in the end they showed no bottle.

I watched most of the Chinese games throughout this competition thinking that after the horrible few years that Chinese soccer has gone through and with the AFC allowing China more places in this cup I believed that Chinese soccer could regain some of the pride it has lost over the years. How mistaken was I, if anything this will give all those Chinese haters more ammunition to fire at and you know what they're currently right.

24. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Couldn't agree more about leaders (see how all their heads went down after at 2-1, when they were still leading) Yet how do you fix the system?