AFC Champions League 2005-06

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Afshin, May 2, 2006.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  2. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Foolad's Iraqi striker, Emad Reza, leaves the club. This is too bad because he was the best striker foolad had. It will be tough for them without him.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=998

3. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  4. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Foolad crash and burn in Kuwait :(

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=1002

This is a direct result of a poor and inadequate professional football infrastructure. The club's management is one of the most competent in IPL, but they had their budget cut by almost 40% this year! 40%!!!

Iranian clubs do NOT make profit and can not survive on their own. So most of them are actually subsidized by government owned industry (e.g. kArkhAneh-yeh Foolad). The government cuts the company budget and guess whose budget gets cut first?

In most countries TV revenue makes most of the money for Clubs. In Iran TV give the Clubs exactly ZERO for broadcasting their games!!

5. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  6. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tsk tsk tsk, Afshin you made this thread way too late, too bad you wont need it any more.:( Saba is playing its last game in 2 weeks. :D :D

7. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    hee, hee, hee! Here is my prediction:

Saba 4 - Al Karama 1

You guys came soooooooo close! Don't worry, there is always next year! ;)

8. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, But before anything starts, you ALL know that I am the biggest non-Iranian Iran supporter, so if Saba do the impossible and knock Karama out, then Saba is going to be my team. But my real prediction 2-1 to Karama.

Much love fellaz.

9. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    That's alright! You are cool even if you don't support Iranian teams :) I like Syria because amongst all the Arab footballing nations, Syrians have always played Iran fare and square. They have never used that stupid rolling on the grass time wasting tactic and I solute them for that, something that I will never do for for Bahrin!