AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Mar 25, 2014.

1. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You're right Ki has.

http://m.news.nate.com/view/20150130n34453

The article mentions the list of previous best player of the tourney. And for the last four edition of asian cup, mvp went to the winning side. So if we win, surely ki will be named the mvp of the tourney.

2. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    good analogy but i'm afraid it'll be lost on the majority of the younger guys here (unless they're fans of 30 for 30).

3. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Summary of our 2015 Asian Cup in pics:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HwaRang and Seol Korea repped this.
  4. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A bittersweet ending to it all, but overall, still a memorable tournament. I'm proud of the boys.

chook90, TaegukRedDevil, Kanuck and 10 others repped this.
  6. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One more awesome yet bittersweet photo:

[​IMG]

Really hope that one day, Son HM can smile in the end of it all instead of tears.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's cried for too long: 2011 AFC Asian Cup, 2014 FIFA World Cup, 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

Kanuck repped this.
  8. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Asian Games 2014 could have been his chance to smile in victory for once, however small of an accomplishment that is on an overall scale (without accounting for the military exemption factor)... but then he just had to miss out... :mad:

dudedudedude repped this.
  9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And, let's not forget about the 2012 London Olympics, his participation would've surely been awesome but HMB brought BSD instead. Lee Gwang-Jong better add Son Heung-Min for next year's Rio Olympics.

10. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    don't wanna see tears, wanna see trophies. play better and he won't have to cry. seriously wipe his goal away and he was like a 3 today.

sac517 and Chingoo repped this.
  11. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    I hope the Barca boys (3) are ready for Russia.

12. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    These are manly tears. He'll learn from today and continue to mature as a footballer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Germany: "Australia, we're coming for you."

And, I'm pretty sure Cahill, Jedinak, Milligan, and Galekovic still remembers this match.

14. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Still remember that match as it happened just yesterday. That's why we didn't make the knockout stage :cry::cry:

15. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1815 brood915, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    I cant believe Australia won "fair play" award with 12 yellow cards lmao.
    I am expecting Kim Jong Un to win nobel peace prize.

16. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    they will be ready sure but will they be consistent most likely not. lets see where their careers end up first before relying on 16 year olds.

Corporation X and Kanuck repped this.
  17. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Might as well call them up as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with 16 year-olds if they've got it. These players will be old enough for Russia, so why not start sooner. No sense in having these boys compete in U-19/U-23 tourneys either.

18. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Baek may be the only one realistically making the team. i dont support the idea of calling up players just for the hell of it. if they are getting decent minutes at a top club or are on loan getting minutes then sure. but otherwise theres no reason to rush them. even Messi participated with the U-20s and the Olympics.

12th Player repped this.
  19. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's not forget that the next U-20's (not the one this year we are not going to thanks to that idiot Kim Sang Ho :mad: , but the 2017 edition) is being held in Korea so we're likely going to want to bring our strongest squad to that one for best results at home... even if any of those three can crack the senior team by then I have a feeling they'll be conceded to the U-20 team for this reason.

As for the AFC U-22 tourney, that also doubles as qualifiers for the Olympics and is very important for players who need exemptions via possible Olympic Bronze medal.

Kanuck, chook90 and skimmilk repped this.
  20. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    KNT needs proper GK and defenders so badly. Stielike can't do anything about this.

21. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have faith that Yeon Je Min or Kim Dong Su or maybe HJH can develop properly as our next HMB

22. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Attended the match last night and thrilled with the result. Commiserations to all you Korean fans. There was an outnumbered group of Korean supporters that made twice as much noise as a normal crowd of that size would and they supported your team very well. We had two matches against you that were very tight and could have gone either way. We were lucky that the final was the game where we took our chances better. I was very impresseed by the way your right back played. I admire these sort of solid players who dfend with strong physical presence combined with a high degree of skill. He may not be as flashy as those that win awards but I would love to have a player like this in my side. Look forward to more great contests over the next few years.

Kanuck, 12th Player, chook90 and 4 others repped this.
  23. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1823 Chaminator, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Congrats to you guys. After the pain you guys had in falling just short in 2011, I commend your team for bouncing back 4 years later and finally winning it all. We hope that our team can repeat your feat next time around.

Game was overall very evenly played with two moments on brilliance from both sides in regulation time, then in extra time your fresher substitutions ended up paying off, with both contributing to that deciding goal in extra time. It speaks a lot about your team's depth this tournament, and depth is something every team needs to win a championship. Our squad fell just short on that end due to injuries, unfortunately, although our backups still did a marvelous job just to get there.

We'll certainly miss our right back Cha DR; that was his final national team game, he has decided to retire from the NT.

24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    damn he only got 75 caps

25. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He unfortunately suffered through a slump/position change transtional period which caused him to miss the WC in 2006, and he didn't get called back up again until 2009... so he missed about 3 years there. Then he had that period during CKR ~ HMB era where he had another slump (changing teams, divorce issues, etc) which caused him to miss another 2 years or so. So while on paper he's had a 13 year NT career, he missed about 5 years in between.

Interesting Fact: Lee CS actually has more caps than Cha DR at 79, even though he hasn't been picked by the NT since 2008.