AEG, SJState, and a stadium in a pear tree

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by HalaMadrid, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    you get more bees with honey than vinegar. And at this stage there's little evidence to suggest that a sss will make money for the county if they give the land. that's the hope and intent...

2. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A cordial entrance is always appreciated. But, if we are coming to the table with a " do us a favor " approach without hard numbers or facts than it will be very hard. I'm sure all involved know that. You're right though, if people are sending irritating messages it may not be a great way to start.

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The County bonding $105 million for the concert hall doesn't mean that they also won't bond an SSS later on, though I wonder how much bonds they have left to give out. :confused:

In any case, how can a 7,500 seat concert hall cost $105 million while a 20k-25k SSS only cost around $65-$75 million (with AEG providing $15 million of that, no less)?

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

4. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    Eric Wynalda and Rob Stone said Alexi was hard at work as they spoke to get a stadium built in the Bay Area. It looks as if Alexi was at the HDC yesterday with the Mayor of San Antoino according to the LA boards.

5. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cannot divulge my source, but according to that, Alexi was in LA yesterday. The reason wasn't mentioned, except he was out of town.

6. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm convinced that Lalas is the enemy.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do those links give a pretty good idea of what's being discussed here? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G