Advocaat: Put Ruud on the Bench [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DutchFootballRulez, Sep 21, 2003.

1. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Van Nistelrooij is off form, he has blown too many penalties and he is not paring w/ Makaay to well. I say Bench him for Kluivert I know the next match is only 3 weeks away probably closer to 4 weeks but he better start converting the Easy ones. He was virtually invisible against Arsenal today. He couldn't get free against old man Martin Keown. Sol Campbell couldn't play but he is not Instant Offense like the Oranje need.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿Ruudje has never been paired up with Makaay has he? :confused:

I agree though, he should be on the bench, and let Makaay in instead. Not necessarily based on his game today (sidenote: I wished I hadn't seen the match afterwards :D ) but because of the way he's playing in the Dutch squad itself.

Advocaat should stop looking at names or which team they play for, and start looking at who's actually better for the team.

3. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I second the motion

Motion carried - Ruud to the bench. Oscar, please draft the resolution and convey it to Advocaat.

;-P

4. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    What do you know about dutch soccer. Do you really think Kluivert is a better striker than Ruud? Ruud would score a lot if he gets the chance. But he doesn't get the chance because Kluivert thinks he's the best.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Re: Re: Advocaat: Put Ruud on the Bench [R]

1-asks the guy who thinks ruud, romario and ronaldo are products of the psv youth system

2-ummm i'm pretty sure that kluivert's self opinion has little or no bearing on the lineup card

6. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RVN has 3 weeks. Start scoring or sit the bench. To be fair Kluivert hasn't done much better, but Kluivert has also missed the first 2 matches.

But he's missed 3 penalties already. I think he's under too much pressure (at United and for Holland)

Man Utd is a different team now, and he has to adjust to his midfielders, and as for Holland :rolleyes: I say bench him till the 2nd half of the final group match unless Makaay or PK goes down...

and where the hell is Van der Meyde since Seedorf likes to run his mouth.

7. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    Re: Re: Re: Advocaat: Put Ruud on the Bench [R]

Perhaps, they ARE of the psv youth system

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    They're not, end of story.

9. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    Yeah, Romario?
    Ronaldo... mhaw oke a bit.

but Ruud van Nistelrooij? Come on, how long did he play for PSV. If any club should get credits for his education its Fc Den Bosch where played upfront with Lurling. Which brings us to the other club which is allowed to get credit for it: Heerenveen.
    But by no way PSV.

No I think of it, which good player is educated by PSV... not many (I cant think of one, and no.. Gullit is from Haarlem)

10. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How much youth action did Ronaldo see at PSV? Come on...

But even if he used to get his diapers changed by Fons S during practice... fact remains that Eindhovuh is talking out of his twinkling brown star.