Advice on this minor injury :/

Discussion in 'Player' started by Enxienty, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Last year on this exact day i broke my 5th metatarsal sprinting indoor on my left foot. For the past 6-7 days ( ever since i got my CTR maestri 3's idk if that plays a role in it ) my right foot has been receiving dull pain that I had prior to my foot breaking my foot last year, except last year the pain was much stronger then now. Any advice? I dont want to go to a podiatrist for something so minor at the moment

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you have medical coverage? Go to the foot doctor. I go to the fing foot doctor once a week. I got a hole in the bottom of my foot that won't heal because of my diabetis. He keeps hinting if I don't stay off it I could lose my foot. Of all my doctors I like him the best. Go to the fing foot doctor we are not doctors

3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You may be on your way to a stress fracture. 5th metatarsal is a difficult bone to heal. Below is excerpt with link to full article at end.

4. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Same symptom, same time of year, pain lasting 7 days---Duh. Go to the doctor. Are you waiting for it to get worse?

5. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    yeah see a podiatrist or doctor. Rest it as well, even if the doctor says it's all fine still don't aggravate it any further

6. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Yeah im gonna go to a doctor because now my left 5th metatarsal is hurting, but the right one is fine now, which is weird.