Adult Recreational Soccer in North New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by windycity, Jun 28, 2005.

1. aartef redded

aartef redded Red Card

Apr 25, 2005
    You guys could play 3 on 3 pickup games of futsal too

2. lfcfan1

lfcfan1 New Member

Jun 9, 2005

Windy,

Bally Owen (near Vernon - up 23 N) has a nice Over 40 men's team. They practice Wed evenings and play their games on that beautiful golf course-like field on Sunday mornings. Only about 20 minutes from Boonton, which, by the way, is a nice town. Other nice towns in the area are Bloomingdale (kind of Mayberry ish - decent school system - high school is Butler which is comparable with Pompton Lakes & Pequannock on the School Report Cards). Riverdale is a decent town as well - a little run-down, however - seems like older residents - sometimes makes it hard to get school budgets passed! Lincoln Park and Montville are two nice towns not far from Boonton - both have very good school systems. Obviously, Kinnelon is a great town, but very, very expensive. Good Luck!

3. rclef26

rclef26 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Boonton
    Hey everyone. I'm amazed that I came across this thread, because I've had the itch to play since the Cup started. I'm 32 years old and basically looking for a way to be more active. I played in high school (defense and keeper), so I have all the basics. I'm located in Boonton so I'm pretty centrally located in Morris co and have fairly easy access to the surrounding spots. If you guys are going to carry on with this please let me know via email or through the thread. Thanks!

4. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    I'm with you. I'm 35 and could use the exercise. Haven't really played in a few years, other than kicking the ball around my yard with my kids. I live in Pompton Plains and would look foward to a once a week workout. We just need about 8 or more players to get started and a place to play. Come on everyone, doesn't a good, social game of Sunday morning soccer sound good to anyone?

5. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    Sounds good to me. 4v4 would be fine if there's not enough players.

6. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds so good, I joined a Sunday morning old farts league in Hoboken. Games are 10 or 11 AM. Did I mention how close Hoboken is to Weehawken?

Good luck in your neck of the woods, guys. Come east if you can't get anything started.

7. Lionheart23457

Lionheart23457 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Parsippany League Team Needs exp. Goalie!! If interested e-mail at lionheart2345@Hotmail.com . We play night games on Mon., Thurs., and Sat.