Adult Recreational Soccer in North New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by windycity, Jun 28, 2005.

1. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hi all, I'm going to be moving to north New Jersey (Morris or Essex county most likely) and was wondering if anybody here had information on adult men's or co-ed soccer leagues there - recreational only nothing too competitive as I'm 40 and not overly skilled to begin with. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Count me as one. So.. we just need 9 more players.

3. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me too, that leaves 8...but i doubt you old guys would want a young one like me playing too :p .

i know hoboken has a league, the field is pretty nice, right on the waterfront overlooking manhattan. my friend plays in it, he's 20, but he says most of the players are in their mid 20s - 30s i believe. ive been wanting to join since last year, but my friend never lets me know when signups are...now i'll have to wait for the fall :mad:

4. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey
    Count me in!

5. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ok, so we're only 7 short! Course we need another team to play . . .

Plus one of you has to be keeper :D

6. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Section 113

What's Boonton like to live? My wife and I are looking for a town with a small downtown area (we like to walk) and very good schools. And low/little crime of course.

7. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    Denville is a nice town. PM for more info. As for the over 40 league i've been looking for a while but no luck. Maybe we could get enough for 5v5 game every other week or so?

8. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    Boonton is nice. So are most of the Morris county towns along Rt 23. I live in Pompton Plains. Good schools and very little crime. Check it out, also called Pequannock. I'm in for soccer also.

9. minsguy

minsguy New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Walden, NY
    I grew up in Green Pond and my wife is from Denville. Denville, Rockaway, Boonton, all very nice areas. I am a Goalkeeper and only an hour away, I'm in.

10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heh, we may have a team now!

Seriously, once I get out there, I'd be happy to take the lead on trying to get a team started, even if just for pick-up games.

Thanks for the info on towns, it's tough when you have no idea of an area.

11. anamorican

anamorican New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    I know there is some sort of old-folks (aka adults) league in Sparta because I always see teams playing at night when I'm rocking the Ultimate. I'm sure there are probably a bunch of teams in the Sussex-Morris-Essex-Bergen-Everyothercountyinnorthjersey area you could play for.

12. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google finds - http://eteamz.com/njsl which seems to be an over 30 league with teams in Denville, Parsipany, etc.

- http://www.mcssa.org/ Morris County Senior Soccer Assoc. which has Sparta, Randolph, more...

As for living, I prefer Denville's downtown to Booton's but both are nice.
    I'm currently in Rockaway, somewhat between the two.

13. Santino

Santino New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'd be down for occasional pickup - can play goal or whatever. I'm in Oakland, not far from Pompton. Call it the I-287 game.

14. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    i might be interested... god knows i need the exercize... 5 minutes of running and i'm DEAD. But, Morristown isn't too far away from where you're talking about!

15. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. metro1026

metro1026 New Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Swamps of Jersey
    Garden State Soccer League
    www.GSSL.com

New Jersey Soccer Association
    www.soccernjsa.com

Also, if you anyone wants to form a team of 13-15 guys to play in a one day/all day tournament/festival that my organization is putting together, you can. Each team would play a minimum of 3, 30 minute games 11v11. The cost would be around $25 per player, there would be cash or prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as trophies and medals. We are in the process of planning this, it would be located in Secaucus a block away from the Secaucus Transfer Station. The tourni would be in late August or early September.

Check out www.SecaucusFC.com for updates.

17. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    there is also this team MetroStars in NJ....looking for a quality defender or a decent midfielder..

18. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i am def. down for that, secaucus is only like 10 min away from me...whats the skill level? EPL? bundesliga? mls? :p

19. andrew

andrew New Member

Jul 3, 2001
    You can go to mcssa.org for information on an Over 40 Men's division with the Morris County Adult Soccer Association. I know Parsippany has an 18+, 30+ and 40+ team, so perhaps they can use another player. I am not sure if you are moving close to that area.

In addition, I also know of a charity event where you can play some fun soccer for a great cause. Go to www.tomladasfund.org for more information. It is a 3v3 tournament for Adult soccer players. All the proceeds go towards the Tom Ladas Memorial Scholarship fund, given each year to help 2 Parsippany seniors pay for college. I hope this is helpful. I always love to play the beautiful game, so hope you get a chance to join a team out here in New Jersey.

20. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    im in too if you guys are serious....maybe we can put together a MetroStars(fans) team, finally win a trophy and bring it over to MFO for display on their empty shelf's among with La Magna cup trophy

Let show them how its done boys!!! Maybe we can sign Gilberto who was waived, to a 1 day contract?

21. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    you rockaway/denville guys, you go to Morris Knolls? what year?

i'm class of 2000.

22. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

'92 here

23. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Windy,

PM me about Boonton....

I joined one of those teams on the Parsippany league and they thought every game and every practice was their shot at getting signed for ManU (or fill-in-your-fav-national team)

Thats why i gave up on it. I want to play.. not die for my country.

24. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    I would be in for a (very) recreational team. I'll be forty next month (arrrgh) and live in Union about 20 minutes away. I worked in the Morristown area for many years so I know my way around there.

25. minsguy

minsguy New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Walden, NY
    Morris Knolls Class of 1986 looks like I am the old guy so far :rolleyes: