Adult Rec Soccer In NYC

Discussion in 'NYC OT' started by Q*bert Jones III, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I play a lot of rec league soccer around the city. Very, very poorly.

Anyhoo, at the end of each season, I have to go and rediscover the proverbial wheel, and figure out what league is playing when and where. It's lame. Because there are so many options to choose from it gets muddled pretty fast in a simple mind like mine. So, just for you, I've compiled this completely non-exhaustive list of rec leagues around the city:

NY Coed Soccer League
    Metro Soccer NY
    NYC Soccer Collective
    Chelsea Piers
    Zog Sports
    Urban Soccer
    Prospect Park Meetup Soccer
    Pickup Soccer NYC

I'm not including competitive leagues or semi-private pickup games.

I'd love to hear about your experiences. What you liked or didn't like. Location, registration, competitiveness, cost, how welcoming they are to newcomers, etc.

2. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good thread.
    I'm actually looking to join a league maybe next year.
    Right now most of the Borough Boys just play on the weekend informally, but i'm dying to play on proper goals again.

Let me know if you have an leagues that you think are worth joining.

3. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep..same here

4. stang217

stang217 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good thread, I've played in Metro Soccer league before, good league, I played in the division that played at Newtown HS in Queens, behind the Queens Center Mall.

I play indoors at sport time in Lynbrook, it's a decent league 4v4 plus keepers but they have walls, which sucks cock.

I just joined a league in Freeport, gonna see how that is...I'll report back, seems legit but you never know. We've got a solid team though and we've got a bar to sponsor us which is fun. I'm always looking to play a pick up game too. If anyone needs an extra guy I've got no probs driving to Queens to play. I usually play pickup games in the winter w/ my brother in law and a few other guys here on Long Island and can bring a bunch of solid players if needed.

5. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let us know stang..we play most sundays now