adu

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by scotsdcfan, Jun 29, 2005.

1. scotsdcfan

scotsdcfan New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    edinburgh
    has there been any interst from europe for adu i really think Gordon Strachen should put in a cheeky bid for him how much would it cost to prize him away

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Infinity, since by the UEFA rules he can't go until he's 18. Plus, I dunno whether Scotland has the same work permit rules as England does, but Adu doesn't have any senior international caps yet.

3. scotsdcfan

scotsdcfan New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    edinburgh
    yeah thats true but if he offers something to the country then they could push it through he is an obvious talent i think hes fantastic i just find it strange u dont hear much of him

4. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Don't know about any interest now, but before he signed with DC United, he got some offers from ManU and Inter to join their youth systems.

The reason you don't hear much about him is that, honestly, he hasn't really done anything yet. I still have a lot of optimism about him though and expect that he'll develop into a top-notch player in time.

5. Shockman

Shockman New Member

May 23, 2005
    Mechanicsburg
    Not so fast on the Europe talk. Wait until he does something worthy of playing in the US first.

6. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    How can accomplish anything in the US if he doesn't even get a chance to play? LOLZ

7. Shockman

Shockman New Member

May 23, 2005
    Mechanicsburg
    he has had chances to play and hasnt done anything.

8. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    I doubt the fact he dosn't have any senior caps would stop him from getting a work permit, probably on appeal. There have been plenty of players with no senior caps to get a work permit in England based on the Youth Team performance, potential and some nice words from the Senior Team coach.

9. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    4 starts, 501 total minutes played this season, one goal and four assists -- two of them game winning assists. Plus a couple of PKs drawn, IIRC. Not too bad for someone who wasn't yet 16. Freddy seems to me to be coming along just fine, and to to say that he "hasn't done anything" is way off the mark.

10. Shockman

Shockman New Member

May 23, 2005
    Mechanicsburg
    Who has he out performed on DC United that warrants a starting role? He would get more minutes if he was better than someone who started. However, i don't think more minutes would make a difference. He is physically over matched.

11. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC

I was responding to your statement that he "hasn't done anything." I think the numbers show he's done quite a bit.

That doesn't mean that he has earned a regular starting role. When everyone else is healthy and here, I don't think he has.

He indeed is frequently over matched physically, but far less than last year. As he continues to grow, this should be less of a problem.

12. Shockman

Shockman New Member

May 23, 2005
    Mechanicsburg
    How is he going to continue to grow? The 15 pounds he put on this year is bogus, he looks the same as last year. He isnt getting any taller, than is no room for him to grow.

13. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    competely wrong. He looks much thicker this year...last year he truly looked like a boy among men, with scrawny little stick-legs (but he was 20 y.o. wasn't he?).

14. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Just to clarify: has the subject changed? You began by claiming that Freddy
    "hasn't done anything." I responded that I thought he had done something, and gave the reasons why. You haven't addressed those reasons, but seem to have shifted your objection to his size, weight or what have you. Does this mean that you agree that he indeed has done "something" but that is size, weight or what have you means he can't or won't continue to do so? I'm trying to figure out precisely what your gripe about Freddy is. I take it you don't complain about a goal, four assists, two of them for the winning goal, in 501 minutes at age 15.

15. Shockman

Shockman New Member

May 23, 2005
    Mechanicsburg
    i dont think he has done much, i dont think he is 15, and i think he is as good as he is going to get. 15 pounds is a lot of weight...he may have put on a few but not 15 in one year

16. Shark

Shark Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Leesburg, VA

Move along, nothing to see here. Just some stupid ********** here.

17. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Maybe he needs to hang out with Meola. :D

18. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell no, Meola might eat him for a before-meal snack. I'm surprised Freddy survived after spending so much time with Sigi.