Adu: Monaco vs. Bordeaux 12/21

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by ragin bear, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ragin bear

ragin bear New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccernet's match preview states that Monaco are without 11 first team players. Could this mean Freddy gets his first league start? This would be a tough match to get it in and he probably won't have much around him, but he needs to make the best of it if he does.

Soccernet:
    "The principality club could be without as many as 11 players for their last match before the winter break.

Flavio Roma (quadricep), Chu-Young Park (buttock strain), Leandro Cufre (thigh), Djamel Bakar and Serge Gakpe (knee) are definitely out because of injury while Jerko Leko, Nikola Pokrivac, Adriano and Alejandro Alonso are all suspended.

Meanwhile, Diego Perez (stomach bug) and Francois Modesto (toe) are doubts for the match, leaving coach Ricardo with massive selection problems ahead of the fixture against his former employers."

2. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    we all know why Park has a buttock strain....

3. mikeivan

mikeivan Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can only hope. This game is on Setanta at 2 CST so I can watch and record it. Could this be Freddy's opportunity? Unfortunately, Bordeaux looks to be a much superior team, a tough match for sure.

4. Pagefan

Pagefan Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy's not gonna start. Most of those players either have been injured all season or don't play Freddy's position. The one exception is Park, but he was out last week and Licata and Pino started. Nimani was the first striker off the bench and Freddy didn't get in. Licata's been playing pretty well and Pino scored last week, so I expect they'll start up top again..

5. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, I'm not sure I know. Care to explain with any inside info you may have? Is there an article somewhere?

Otherwise it looks like you're making a gay joke, but that can't be right because no one could be that petty, right? Right?

6. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, read it. :rolleyes:
    Other guy was making a comment about why he has it. That's what I was responding to.

7. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Last week's starters at forward--Licata and Pino--are available for this week so my guess is Freddy doesn't start at forward. He has occasionally been subbed in for Alonzo at right mid. That is probably his best chance for starting today. Still might not happen because they could go with Nimani and Licata at forward and Pino at right mid. It's a deep squad.

8. bradley31

bradley31 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    You'd think Freddy has had an ass strain since he got to Monaco.

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. slickguy2011

slickguy2011 New Member

May 29, 2008
  11. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have got.....to be shitting me. Per se the stream Adu not in starting 11 :mad:

I hope Bordeaux absolutlely slaughters them. Wow Ricardo is such a tool

12. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There doesn't happen to be anyone on the team who has ironically gone down with a groin strain at the same time is there?

;)

13. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monaco without 342 of their normal players and Adu still nailed to the bench. Awesome.

14. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    For those interested in what Adu's chances of coming in early are, Soccernet says Monaco have a keeper, two defenders, a center midfielder, and two forwards on the bench, along with Adu. I'd say 86th minute sub sounds right.

15. Drippingmilk

Drippingmilk Member

Jul 30, 2008
    He needs to get off this "team" ASAP.

If it hasn't destroyed his reputation yet, it is steadily doing it.

16. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Seriously?!?!?!?!?!

Wtf ricardo?

17. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    C'mon Bellion, get a brace!

18. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eff it. What is going on?

19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Adu is just plain DUMB and PATHETIC. At this point, I no longer feel any sympathy or have any desire to cheer him on. IF, he still has any common sense, he needs to get his behind outta that joint RIGHT NOW. Go back to MLS if you have to (or just call up Lee Nguyen and have him introduce you to the V League).

20. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Serenity Now

21. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, ok. He really doesn't have a choice. He's at the mercy of Benfica. He can't do a damn thing unless Benfica says so. Yeah he can talk to them about the situation but he just can't up and pack his bags. It doesn't work like that. I'm frustrated that we haven't seen his true ability but bouncing around team to team ain't gonna do him any favors. He just needs to bust his ass off, get into the lineup and stay. If it ain't gonna happen at Monaco he needs to talk to Benfica about it and see what they can do to help out.

22. alocksley

alocksley Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    These comments are just plain dumb and pathetic. You make it sound as if Freddy has had some kind of choice. He's under contract to Benfica. They loaned him out. What, exactly, is he supposed to do?

23. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Pino scores on a free kick . May have misshit it, intending it as a cross, but the keeper was very poorly positioned and made a mess of it.

As much as I'm rooting against Monaco, the silver lining with them winning is that Bocanegra's Rennes would remain at second.

24. Jamie Z.

Jamie Z. New Member

May 26, 2008
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the good news is that tracking Monaco matches on ESPN Gamecast is no less exciting than watching them on television.