Adu (EJ at camp): Aris - Paok (Playoffs) Wednesday 5/19 14:15 EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, May 17, 2010.

1. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last game of the season.
    With a win Aris is getting 3rd place and goes to Europa league at 29 July.
    Paok is having the best year after 1985. They are at Champions league qualifiers already.
    Stadium will be full to celebrate the win and say goodbye for the summer.
    A bittersweet taste for Aris fans since our goal for Europa league completed, but the lost final and the last appearances at playoff made many people sad.
    Cuper expected to make many changes to the roster since many players cant play 4-4-2 that he wants.
    Squad expected tomorrow, Neto and Prittas return and there is a possibility for Koke and Nafti too.
    Nasuti is suspended, Johnson at camp, Vangeli, Lambriakos injured.

I want to thank everyone of you that made us great company for this season and i hope all Aris fans gave the best info for "our" Americans.
    Especially thanks to the people that put Aris Saloniki to their Favorite club tag, you really made us proud.
    For people that want jerseys, i hope NIKE will be the sponsor (we ll find out the next days) and the e-shop at Aris site will be fully upgraded.
    More news for Adu and EJ expected around 15 June that Aris 1st practice will begin. From 20 May Adu will be at your country so you ll have to enlighten us.
    Every 4 years i support Argentina for Mundial, Greece and this year i m gonna yell for USA too. I hope you succeed and qualify from your group.
    So dont miss last game and especially cause its Aris - Paok game.

Ps RIP Ronnie James Dio. One of my favorites.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4pfNDJzQ1U"]YouTube- Dio - All the Fools Sailed Away[/ame]

2. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Nick. We have enjoyed yours and the other Aris fans insight this season. Next season will be an exciting one with Adu coming back, hopefully EJ too. Viva Aris, Viva USA, and Viva Greece.

3. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    thanks to you nick, i love Adu and this year was very excited, thanks to Aris for have revitalize a player like Adu, i think next year with a good preparation Adu could be a very very good player and he will play with aris to support them for europa league and championship. So thanks ARIS!!!

...and sorry for my poor english...

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    no matter the outcomes, let's just PARTY.

5. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow, I think Aris fans know how to do that well.;)

6. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    yeah, i want an invitation to their party. :D

7. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Adu will start against paok, we might finally see Calvo and Adu together on the pitch, Meriem might start too cause Calvo has not been very good lately.

I just want to say that all Adu fans don't need to be so worried about Adu everytime he is not in the starting lineup. I think Cuper really likes Adu and he wanted him on the team otherwise he would not have come. Adu is a really talented player just like Calvo but he's got some weaknesses and Cuper tries to work on that alot and during the preseason they will have more time to work on both tactics and other stuff. Let's not forget that Adu is the newest player in the team.

Cuper is a really experienced coach so he knows what he is doing. I also think Javito got to play some games now in the end to really show if he is woth to keep next season or not. Cuper have not been in the team that long so he had to let everyone play some games to make a clear picture of every player in his mind. But Javito will probably be replaced by Cesnauskis that is a Lithuanian national player and was one of the best right midfielders in the league.

Im just saying all this cause I saw that some people were pissed off on Cuper cause Adu didn't play every single game. The coach surely sees some things at practice that we don't. I'm not saying that he can't be criticized, of course he can. But I think it's wrong to say that he is a bad coach and say that he doesn't like Adu when he clearly does. Let's not forget he was considered one of the best coaches in the world some years ago.

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    that's a good post.

i too honestly believe that Cuper really likes Adu, to bring him to the team.

sure, Adu could turn out to be not what cuper was expected, but at the very least he's going to give Adu a fair shot. and i think that's more than what Adu can ask for at the moment.

as you've mentioned, they will have a whole summer to work together on team tactics, personal weaknesses, areas of improvements. i expect to see a much better Adu next season.

also, i keep hearing about Calvo's characters that prevented him from being a great player. what are those characters? lack of effort, work ethics, bad team chemistries, off the field troubles? what are they?

10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @smokarz

I honestly don't think that Calvo is a bad character or that he won't become a great player. He made a good season I think, he is such a talented player and I still believe in him.

He just had some bad moments in the end of the season. He did some stupid things, the red card against AEK for example. And it doesn't always look like he puts in all his heart and dedication when it goes bad. He was criticized by some fans after the red card and instead of being quite and trying to make up to the fans or saying that he his sorry he just get pissed off and thinks he is right. It's a bit hard to explain but I think you understand what I mean :) He doesn't like to be told what to do I think, but that he is still young and many young players thinks they know more than they actually do.

11. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, remember when it came to crunch time in the Greek Cup final when they were down a goal with 10 minutes left, Cuper did got to Adu for that desperate last spark to steal the game, and he had a full bench that day with very few injuries.

So, I think Cuper does indeed like Adu more than what we think. If Adu can't cut the starting lineup next year then it's more a reflection of Adu's abilities than Cuper's coaching.

Hey, if Adu doesn't become the player I think/wish he can be, then it is what it is, and so what. I've still enjoyed watching him over the years. I still think he's going to make a name for himself. ( but I also thought Bosworth would be a decent player in the NFL too!!!:eek:)

I'm optimistic and full of hope for next year and we still have some payback to be dealt with on Wed. Payback is hell, lets bring it against them sons a bitches.(PAOK:mad:)

12. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Squad up
    Sifakis Peskovits, Fraseri, Ronaldo, Kouloucheris, Neto, Arano, Agtzidis Vangeli , Garcia, Calvo, Fernandez, Adu, Javito, Meriem, Daly, Campora, Arabidis and Economopoulos.

Koke and Nafti didnt make it, they still hurt.
    Sifakis is injured too. tomorrow we will know if he can play.

13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Vangeli and Neto are back.

14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Neto is a serious key for success, with his crossing ability. I hope they can use him to win this game.

15. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    News from the other side. Fernando Santos announces that is leaving Paok after coaching for 3 years. Most paok fans are dissapointed and sad.
    Paok will have many absences too due to injuries, suspensions and National players.
    This situation gives more chances for Aris to win tomorrow.
    My personal opinion is that Adu has to play since we need the win at this game and we gonna attack for 90 minutes. Paok will come just not to loose or counter attack.

16. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's football, it's rare that a manager stays over 2 years unless it's Sir Alex who is basically Soccer's Phil Jackson.

17. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I'm surprised none of the Adu fanatics have jumped on this yet. Fernando Santos was the Benfica manager in summer 07 that acquired Adu and utilized him immediately in the Champions League qualification against Copenhagen. Unfortunately for Adu, he was fired 3 games into Benfica's 07-08 season.

Anyways, this should be fun to watch the last YA match of the 09-10 European season. Adu better see some time now because of this.

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh yea? I thought that was Camacho??? Really given the turn of coaches they had in that short time that Adu was there... its hard to remember which one was the actual coach that went and sought him

19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    kudos to you for remembering.

he was indeed Adu's first coach, sometimes i wondered what Adu's looks like now if Santos (or Camacho for that matter) was to stayed at Benfica fort he entire season.

thus was the risk for a young player going to club like Benfica. it is in a way like a mini Real Madrid. a team that demand titles every season, and coaches/players are always under the spotlights.

20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    yeah, no one remembers Santos because he was fired 2/3 games into the season.

Camacho took over and stayed for half a season. after that, Chalana took over temporarily and all hell broke loose. lol

21. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all...la la la la la,

sing it with me...:)

22. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Loads of players are missing today from our team. Koke, Nafti, Labriakos, Ortiz are all injured and Nasuti is suspended. Sifakis is sick but he might play if he feels better today.

23. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So wull Adu be back next year for sure? I know his loan was for like 2 years. Also are there any players on Aris that will be transfered which will open up some playing time for Adu? I hope EJ canget sold to Aris too. You guys have great fans.

24. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    yes, adu is coming back next season.

they are bringing in a new right winger.

rumor has it that javito/meriem (or both) could be gone this summer.

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sifakis is not playing after all cause he didn't get well from his fever. I hope it won't matter very much and we play like last time we played them at our homeground when they hardly had a shot in the whole game.