Adu: Benfica-Shakhtar 10/3 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by JG, Oct 2, 2007.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    http://benfas-slb.blogspot.com/2007/10/mais-uma.html

Mais uma...

... derrota. Desta feita com o Shaktar Donetsk por 0-1, em casa...Eu gosto muito do senhor Camacho... Começei a admira-lo quando ca esteve da 1ª vez... agora fiquei super-contente com o regresso... mas esse senhor, por muito que me custe dizer, anda a desiludir-me... Os jogadores nao t~em tanta garra como a coisa de um mes, depois da lesao de Petit, a atitude e muito má... Ja para nao falar nas susbstituiçoes... sempre as mesmas... sempre mas... enfim... Maxi Perereira continua em campo... sai Di maria... Adu no banco... etc etc etc... enfim... e caso para dizer... VOLTA PETIT, e ja agora o miudo guerreiro... David Luiz...

2. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    LoL, he's just counting the amount of players with "no right foot" in the squad.

(There was a cross of Di Maria that should've been with his right foot, for example.)

The second one regrets Petit and David Luiz injuries.
    And saying he likes Camacho, but it has been a disapointment so far. And that Pereira had a bad game, and Adu in the bench.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Hey, I just post them - it's up to you to make sense of them. ;)

4. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    It was a joke stop getting your panties in a rut.

If anyone who is misunderstood it's you. I was just stating the obvious Portugal tried winning games by diving.

Tough result for Benfica. Celtic helped them a lot.

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    or the US nat team

6. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Haha, sure...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqjx6IyWxjo

Now that is funny...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L073tGdLETo

I’m just sorry we’re not sad enough to have programs dedicated to it. On a second thought, no I'm not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9gwVPu6eog

OOooohh Where is all the fuss around this diving boy?
    Whatever...

7. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Ignore the clown, he doesnt know ******** all.

Pathetic performance anyways, petit and manelele missed badly in midfield.

No replacement for miccoli up front:(

Di Maria was superb..honestyly i cant believe some american fans thought i was praising him to rub it in thier faces that hes a bit better then adu..really immature...hes just a superb prospect, no coincedence arsenal and madrid tried to sign him.

Unlucky with his shot of the crossbar.

David Luiz needs to come back sooner rather then later..edcarlos is edcrap.

bah, we wont even go to uefa cup unless things change.

christian rodriguez? bahahahahahaha not even good enough for psg and yet hes good enough for us.

With players like him and nuno maria starting for us we wont go anywhere.

8. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    lol at these idiots. You're making it more than it is. AND I'M NOT ENGLISH, i went to Youtube and it was there. So cut that noise out. Your players dive, Steven Gerrard Dives, Wayne Rooney dives. Stop carrying on about it.

Celtic might lose all their points after what happened tonight so there's hope for Benfica.

9. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    I'm here sunshine.

10. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Doesn’t matter if you’re English, or not. The program you showed was.
    I’m still waiting for the English national’s diving program to come out. But I might as well grab a chair.

English (press in particular) are very mad with us, for putting them out of the tournament in 2000, 2004 and 2006. (I'm not sure of the dates anymore, doesn't matter)
    I can only hope it doesn’t stop here, cause I’m loving every second of it.

11. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    I said Portugal "tried though." The "You" wasn't for you, it was for Cronaldo and Postiga. They tried gaining advantages with diving. That was my point.

I know how the English press are and the clip was English but I wasn't going for an English v. Portugal battle.

12. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ok.

Now its really difficult. Let's wait and see what is going to happen.
    4rth place is a reality we should avoid, but we'll see.

The team is very young (renovation from last year), and most is inexperienced in this kind of competition.
    In addiction, we're not scoring even with open goal so what can we really expect from this...
    At least this will be the base team for next year, hopefully, with more experience and players fully adapted to team and country.

ps: Note, 3-0 seams to be always our result with Celtic. Winning or losing, they beat us in their home, we beat them at ours.
    This game might be the exception to the rule though...

13. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has no conception of the wrath of the YA board.

14. Easy Morning Rebel

Feb 12, 2006
    Des Moines, IA

Sameness is the mother of disgust, variety the cure.

15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Tell that to Camacho! :D

16. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean hope for them get third in the group and make the UEFA Cup? Doesn't look like Benfica can catch Shakhtar now and no way they'll finish above ACM the way they are playing.

Those of us hoping to see Freddy get some time should be looking forward to Matchday Six when plenty of youngsters will get a run out as it's looking like Benfica will be done and dusted by then.

17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_2777162,00.html

Didn't see the incident but apparently Milan are not going to file a complaint to UEFA.

18. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Good, should never have happened but Dida was going for an oscar nomination from the looks of it, wee pat on the cheek, he chases the guy then falls over and has to be stretchered off.

19. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=469320&cc=5901

Celtic will launch an investigation. Milan down played the incident saying it had nothing to do with the loss. I wonder what it is with Dida this is the third time I know of that he's been a target. Inter, Celtic, and Palermo, I believe.

20. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this mean Adu has a good chance of getting major minutes this weekend? Being all rested and all...:)

21. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    This sums up the two biggest flaws in football.. Idiotic fans and professional athletes acting like they've been shot at the first hint of contact..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DZviLX37sMY

22. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's just amazing. The fan was very likely drunk (although I'm perfectly willing to allow for the possibility that he was an idiot before he had his first pint), but wtf was Dida thinking? Did he forget he was surrounded by television cameras? Was it a flashback to when he was hit by that flare? Maybe a Pavlovian response, drilled into him by years of training?

23. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland
    Wrong.

Legitimate penalty.

Just to put things straight :)

24. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    More likely- the fan used the Buddha Palm technique.. After you're struck, you can take 4 steps before your heart ruptures.. hence the delayed reaction..
    poor Dida.

25. Leopejo

Leopejo New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Finland
    Very OT: Tonight Miccoli will make his UEFA Cup Debut in Palermo. Only five thousand spectators are expected. Qualification is almost certain after winning in the away match, but still I wonder if he is missing the beautiful Benfica stadium.