Adu and MLS

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Trackman20, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    I have already tried OPTA, the Fulham board correspondant, Bob Wagman and the "Mad Brit" columnist and they cannot find any combined stats. I am going to try to email someone at Fulham to see if they might look it up for me. I can't find archived Reserve team stats on their website, but somebody must have the information.

I wouldn't even hardly care if Beineke hadn't made such a curmudgeon of himself.

I can't help it if Tenerife (in the stinking "Second" Liga) shuts down their website and no one archives reserve team stats. That doesn't mean that the events didn't happen:).

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather see Adu in the MLS for the reasons mentioned before (I'd get to see him, and the MLS transfer fee, as well as he'd raise the attendance across the country)

But also. If he's good enough to Dominate the MLS by 18 then of course you let him go to EUROPE.

Playing against Reserve team players and training with European stars may help him but he's not ready to leave the US IMHO. he has a little brother.

In Freddy and his family best interest (MHO) He should play inthe MLS and go to College.

3. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I agree, since he cant play against college kids (pro status due to $1M contract) he should sit there in class for 4 years.....

makes a lot of sense.. :rolleyes:

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Read it again...

I am pretty sure he is trying to say...Play in MLS, while attending college...not sure if that is what he meant, but if so...it's only slightly less stupid

5. bostonsoccermdl

Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    gotcha. maybe I should go to college (again...)

It still doesnt make much sense anyway..

6. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    What's wrong with learning something in college classes if Adu can fit them in his MLS playing schedule?

7. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    What's wrong with learning something in college classes if Adu can fit them in his MLS playing schedule?

8. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Re: Adu and the MLS

Experience filled ??? What are you talking about ?? Perhaps you are talking about the "coaches" I am very sure thats is what you are talking about ....But what about if we get some of these fantastic coaches here in USA and expose more american kids to them ...thats include Freddy !! Afraid will sore some fellings ???

About Freddy filling up stadiums across america, I am with you 200 percent, is a sorry situation that MLS does not have the proper PROMOTIONAL MACHINERY not even to take advantage of Landon Donovan on the promotional department we are a 3 on a 1-10 scale we got a lot of room for improvement ....

9. shsusoccer

shsusoccer New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Huntsville, TX
    I would love to see Adu play in the U.S, but if I were him I would go to Europe because he will make a hell of alot more money there. What is the salary cap now for MLS teams? Lets be real Freddy is not going to stay in America just to support American soccer. He isn't even from an America. Adu should go where the money is good, so I say Adu should go to Europe

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a rule against the international transfer of children.

11. bostonsoccermdl

Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Dave, this is at least the 5-6th time you have written this in the last 3 weeks, you should make it your sig....

you must spend your days lurking on the Adu threads constantly..
    :D