Adriano to Lyon

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by ronaldinh010, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Sorry guys. Just wanted you attention. Looks like Adriano may leave Inter. I'd love to see him in Lyon. You think you guys can afford him. I'm curious. I think he'd be just what the doctor ordered.

2. Allez

Allez New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Lyon has the money to buy him but we won't be able to pay his salary

3. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would also love to see a striker like adriano go to Lyon

Lyon has all the tools needed to win the champions league next year...it just needs a few good team players

Adriano would be great to head the offense

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    There are only two clubs he will go to if he were to leave Inter;

Real Madrid
    Chelsea

The only two who are able to afford his wages and would accomdate him a starting position on their team.

I personally think he'll go to Real to replace Ronaldo myself.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You'd probably have to get rid of a Brazlian on the team if you signed Adriano because you'd be over the amount you are allowed. Now if Chelsea gets Adriano then they'd have him and Crespo and that would open the door for Lyon to get Drogba.

6. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI

I would hate for him to go to Madrid. I think he may go there even if Ronaldo stays. Isn't France one of the most properous countries in Europe? Why does that not translate to Football. I love inter and I don't want him to leave but if he does, I can't think of another club I'd love for him to go to. I don't want him in England and certainly not chelsea. Terrible situation. Sports is loosing the loyalty factor. Just months ago, he was the Emperor of Milan.

7. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

he can only go to real madrid.. tell me any other teams that good brazilians play for.. none of the good ones play in england...hes going to stay in italy ( which he wont) or go to spain

8. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Ummm Lyon is a team where good Brazilians play.

9. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Well, I'd take him at Barca but don't really see his fit at this point. I prefer Henry for Barca. Any other possibilities in Spain or Italy (Juve, Roma, Even AC Milan)?

At Lyon, he'd have to opportunity to make history, helping the club to their
    1st Euro championship and perhaps help attract more players to the Ligue 1. Might even be instrumental in rasing the level of French football. It'd be great for the sport, I think.

10. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Adriano is the kind of player who needs support. At Lyon, the lone striker is pretty much on his own up front and this is why I seriously doubt he'll be fitting into this club.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Inter have more money than OL. Inter are one of the richest teams in the world. The only way they sell a player of Adriano's caliber is to a club who has more money than they do like Real Madrid or Chelsea.

12. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    i was going to say that if adriano did come, you'd almost have an all-star brazilian team entrenched in the rhone-alpes department (cris, fred, juninho... ?adriano?...)

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i haven't read any rumors flying around about this, but it didn't keep me from thinking of this move all on my lonesome... although it may seem farfetched, adriano is the only "big name striker" signing that makes sense to me.

most of the other names being bandied about represent no real improvement over what we have already.

salary problem? not sure. OL is better off financially than many tend to think.

as many have pointed out, Lyon has become a great place for brazilians to come.

no need to offload any as caçapa and juninho are both eligible for french nationality and are likely to take it. they have both said that they consider themselves lyonnais now, and will stay here to live after their playing days are over.

if he isn't linked with someone else before the WC, i think our chances of getting him improve, as he has teammates who either play here, have done so in the past, or have played against us, who might say very good things about the club.

14. SpecialOne

SpecialOne Red Card

Apr 27, 2006
    How is Fred doing people? I know he has scored a few but not always in team, will he be a good player for years to come?

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    so young, who can tell? he can definitely use seasoning and advice. the mistake he made that lead to the loss against milan (i'm not blaming him alone, mind you) he has made half a dozen times this year.

the fact that he and carew shared time about equally doesn't speak against either, that was the plan. and they both scored 12 goals all competitions, so we can't really complain.

16. Dfeated

Dfeated Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Los Angeles
  17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    aulas was asked at a recent awards ceremony by a nosy and probably not very bright reporter about drogba...

his answer was more or less a p***take; that they'd hock fourvière* to get him but chelsea's not likely to sell.

naturally it's in all the rumor mills within hours as a done deal! :rolleyes:

in the unlikely case DD does come back to france, there's only one place he'd possibly go: OM. so it's all the nonnest of non-stories.

* like the brooklyn bridge with statues of mary

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Drogba is not going back to OM because they dont have the money to sign him !!! Aulas said he'd pay 40-45 m for him and Marseille cant pay that.

19. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    If you can pay 40-45, why not Cisse, Morrientes, or Torres. It seems like there are plenty of strikers on the market, so OL should be able to get somebody.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Its because the Lyon president is obsessed and fascinated with Drogba. Another reason is he hates OM so he gets Drogba he sticks it to OM big time.