Adin Brown after the match [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by RoHo, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    What did Clint Mathis think of the garbage-filled cup of beer that was thrown in his face at the Crew Stadium?

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between the line and during the 90 minutes all's fair. After the match try to respect your fellow human beings.

3. Cristobal

Cristobal Member

Dec 1, 1999
    Falls Church
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shawn, does that include Fat Tony and Talley?

4. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone has their Achilles Heel (Diego Serna :eek: ), but I'd say, yes, even them.
    Sometimes it's hard to be evolved. Very hard (Luis Hernandez :eek: ).

Of course, that might be why my back teeth are ground flat.

dadman

5. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't quite explain the mechanism that got him to New England, but I can explain the process.

Adin was not picked in the Dispersal Draft, but since he had a pretty big contract and he showed some promise, the league wanted one of the remaining teams to pick him up. The problem was that Brown had signed a rather large contract after Rosenborg (sp?) had signified some interest while he was still in Colorado. After his performance with the Mutiny last year, no team would take on the full value of his contract.

The league asked teams to submit bids on how much cap space they would be willing to use on Brown in order to assign him to their team. New England submitted the highest bid (...around $50,000 I think), so they got his contract. He counts for about $50,000 on the Revolution's salary cap, but the league pays him significantly more than that, from what I understand.

It's a case of the league wanting to accomodate a player and making up a rule that New England just happened to benefit from.
    I'm under the impression that Hudson waived Kante after he refused to sign one of those "developmental" player contracts?