Adidas Tunit Thread, all Tunit posts go here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Dr. Boots, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sokol

sokol Member

Aug 4, 2004
    What I've heard is that the $350 is for a set of 3 uppers, 3 insoles, and 3 sets of studs. So basically you can buy 3 pairs of cleats for $350. So by that price, one pair would be less than $120. But probably the price of one upper, one insole and one set of studs will be a lot more, maybe like $150 or more.

2. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    ^^ wicked boots...now im totally confused on what to get :( the puma v1 are wicked but these are jus to cool...i want 3 boots this year at most two par fg and one sg...one of the fgs i want to be leather..so will these f50s have a leather option? if so then my fg and sg option is filled leaving me one more fg to get which will most likely be the v1...now my question is after all that confusing info is will there be a leather upper available..lol??

btw the f 30's look to be a quality boot for those not wanting to spend the cash

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have heard that there is a leather upper to come out.

Yes, the F30's do seem quality. I don't care too much for being able to build my own shoe, so if the F30's aren't to chunky and expensive, they're mine!:D

4. WadeHunter15

WadeHunter15 New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    London
    Image #56645534 (Type that in the search bar)

Is it me or is Djibril Cisse wearing one disguised Tunit on his right foot. (it looks to me like the Tunit is disguised in the Air Force Blue/Silver colourway!. Or it may just be my eyes and it's just a dimented F50+.

It does look like the flap that the Tunits have though doesnt it?

Anyone with me???

WadeHunter17

5. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I'm with you on this one. I thought I was the only one Who could care less about building my own shoe. For $350 I could pick up a few pairs of the +f30 escpecially if it's the same material as the tunit. The whole tunit concept seems silly to me. That's all.....:rolleyes:

6. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, I'm pretty excited about the F30 Tunits to be honest. They look really nice, and have no spectacular aesthetical differences in them to the higher model. Also, the split traxion looks awesome, and quality. I can't wait!:)

Any ideas of the price of the f30's???

7. sokol

sokol Member

Aug 4, 2004
    But for $350, you are picking up 3 pairs of f50's. Based on what we know, you will get one set that has the comfort insole and harground studs, one set that has the "professional" insole and firm ground studs and in a different color, and a third pair which has a different color, lightweight insole, and soft ground studs. And you can then mix and match, so if you want to put the hard ground studs and the lightweight insole on your green shoes, you can. Or you can out the soft ground studs and professional insole on your black shoes, you can do that.

The question is how much more are the seperate pieces going to be than buying them as a unit. By the $350 price, one set of shoes is $117. How much more will it cost to buy one insole, one set of studs and one upper? My guess would be $150. But if Adidas continue the line of products for a long time and newer versions are compatible, you may save a lot of money buying Tunits. If for example, the upper costs $90, if your upper wears out you can just buy a new one for $90 instead of buying a whole new pair of cleats. Or if you decide you need soft ground boots, you can buy the studs for a lot cheaper than buying a whole new pair of cleats. I think if you are someone who plays a lot, as in several times a week in any capacity (pick-up, indoor, school or club), boots like these may save you money in the long run, while at the same time being better boots all around.

8. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Nice arguement for these shoes, I admit For the price, you can't beat it, I agree. The thing for me is, if I buy these, I won't be able to buy more shoes.... Honestly, I just don't see the attraction of building your shoes. For what you get, the price will be hard to beat, and harder to save for as well.... I do play several times a week 3 indoor leagues, one night team training, one night personal training and one outdoor team. And I can't see myslef buying these shoes. Also imagine how bummed someone would be if they fork out $350 for the complete package, only to find out they don't like the shoes :eek: Fit sucks, touch sucks and you're on ebay trying to sell them...And with the industry as it is, I can't imagine adidas offering them lonnger than the year, year and a half they offer lines of shoes for. What happens when they fork out the money, and the studs/uppers/insoles are no longer available?? Again, this is all my personal feeling. I think they are going to be HUGE. But they're just not for me... that's all

9. sokol

sokol Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I agree that paying $350 is a lot when the shoes are brand new and you don't know if you will like them or not. I'm hoping that the price of just getting one set won't be much more than $150. If that's the case, I'll buy one set plus maybe a set of soft ground studs. If I like them, next year when they come out with a new design I'll maybe buy the complete set.

The part that I like the most is the fact that you can buy hardground, soft ground, and firm ground studs for the same pair of cleats. I live in Utah where we have snow on the ground until April. At the beggining of the year the fields are just mudholes. But it's a desert, so by the middle of May the mud has turned to rock solid ground. Than in the fall we get a few months of decent fields. Right now I have a pair of soft ground cleats that I only use for a little bit in the spring, a pair of hard ground cleats I use in the summer and on turf, and a pair of f-50s I use in the fall and a little bit in the spring. But since they are different cleats, the fit and feel is different, plus I usually get blisters when I switch from one pair to another. If I can use the same cleats and just change the studs it would be great. Plus, when the upper wears out, I can just pay $90 or whatever for a new upper.

10. Xuon

Xuon New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    i would love to see how the hard ground studs look like

11. nycsoccermaniac

nycsoccermaniac New Member

Dec 29, 2005
  12. 3stripes

3stripes Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    the black ones are the HG studs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After these pictures my mind is pretty much made up...F30 Tunits here we come! My dad even said they are nice...a serious rarity!

That price on that site says it will be about Us$95. Are those prices more than the price they will be when they come out?

Also, when will these be released? Sorry, I haven't been following closely.:eek:

14. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    wow, the f30s are split sole too? adidas seems to be making better mid range quality shoes (e.g. absolions are split sole too).

15. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    is it just me or do Tunits have a thick toe area! lol

[​IMG]

seems hard to get under the ball:p

here are some colour ways..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 3stripes

3stripes Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    they are F30 not F30 tunit (they do not have this tech...), but I agree that they look pretty nice; They are actualy the next generation in the F50 and F50+ family...beacause the +F50 tunit are a completly different boot.

17. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    +F50 Matchball

[​IMG]

18. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    sweet dude, nice find.

19. nycsoccermaniac

nycsoccermaniac New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    isnt that photoshopped it looks like the teamgeist ball to me just whited out.

20. Footfield119

Footfield119 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    I don't think so. That ball looks much different if you ask me.
    I suppose it could've been photoshopped but I doubt it.
    That ball is pretty cool looking. Does anyone know of any other colors for the ball?

21. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Nice to see you here 3 stripes, anyway tunit is an upgrade of the f50 range which was f50 then f50+ and now +f50 tunit, these are a cheaper version of the tunit, not f50 or f50+, those have their own lines!

22. Footfield119

Footfield119 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    That is correct!

23. 3stripes

3stripes Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    yes yes i know that...but i was talking only on the esthetics point of view :D

btw that is a verry good loking ball but i think it's not real because of this:
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/1710522150.jpg&s=x11