Adidas Thread [15] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Messi came out with a new boot yesterday and then a few hours later I saw a picture of him testing a new boot. You can't even make it up.

JEN14 and Andrew McCole repped this.
  2. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New
    colourway yesterday but
    His new boots are simply a different colourway whereas he is testing out a completely different boot. I don't see the issue?

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think what he is saying is that it is over saturation with all the boot drops.

keytoarson and JEN14 repped this.
  4. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I think the market in general is very over saturated. This is one of the reasons why I am happy adidas is dropping a silo. I think Nike should do the same. I mean the amount of footwear available in our Nike catalogs is insane.........it's getting way too much. Maybe slow down on the releases of colours and limited editions?????? (For both Nike and adidas).

Sorry Rant over!

5. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  6. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    This.

7. noelbati

noelbati Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Sacramento Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    keeps you buying for the store though right? When i managed a soccer shop in college, it was difficult to keep up. If you didn't have the color or size in stock, you'd lose the customer to online shopping. You know that many guys here are a lot more knowledgable than you adidas or nike rep, simply because they don't have to sell them to the stores.

They give you a catalog, you pick what you think will fly off the shelves and they hit their quota because stores would be crazy not to stock. Its tough, but the consumer is transitioning away from physical retail.

End of MY rant.

Chrisaurus16 repped this.
  8. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    primeknits are insanelu ugly. once again, adidas, what were you thinking.

9. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    They werent thinking at all.

jessepv repped this.
  10. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I don't think they have been thinking since around the time the LZ's came out.

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah and we are cutting back on certain styles are not selling that well. But I mean it's so OTT now........

12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    FootySpy repped this.
  13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know a lot of retailers are doing that.....ordering less in terms of size runs per colorway or just not ordering in what would be their down time (at least in MD where year round outdoor is a small population of players). It is getting a bit absurd and watered down. I use to be excited for new colorways to release and now it's just a weekly thing. Limited Edition doesn't mean shit to me, it just means a 15th color, that I am generally not interested in, for a boot that has had 10 colors too many anyway. Hype and desirability shouldn't be pre-scheduled via an app....back in the day shoes and boots got hype because the consumer created it (for the most part) or a performance in the product created it, not because Nike told us it should exist and added fuel by making 500 pairs available.

While on the topic.....what I also find laughable is the "sustainability" stance that has been taken in the past 8 years with synthetics when you compare it to the volume of boots produced. Forget the fact that leather is actually sustainable as a material and the source provides an unmeasurable amount of resource and environmentally friendly uses if farmed with ethics........just the argument that "Y" synthetic produces 50% less waste to make vs. "Z" leather boot is a moot point when you are making 1000% times as many of "Y". You are making a single item that produces less waste but making it 1000 times more often, thus upping your waste. Transparency doesn't exist and most people are sheep. They eat that "we care about the environment" shit while the company is hosing the consumer to make a larger margin on cheaper and easier to make goods. Then they are shoving them down our throats with no conscience whatsoever. It is excess on a Gordon Gekko level.

It's not bad barring the gaudy M logo on the toe box. I still don't care too much for the boot on the whole. Just make and sell what he will really wear.

14. kelani9

kelani9 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If they cared cared about the environment they would make the boots near indestructible. The terrible build quality, lack of quality control, cheapness of materials, and disgusting colorways make the shoes practically disposable. It's all about the monneeeeey… We see right through the BS.

15. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Does anybody knows a website or a store that has adizero "tattoo" in size 40 or 40,2/3?
    Thanks

16. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005

same thing with this flyknit stuff. i support it because i do love breathable shoes...especially the lunar flyknit and the racer... but ppl have to realize this cloth material they use is cheap as shit to make... theyre just cutting costs and raisinf prices increasing profit maargins. genius on their pair but thos flyknits should really be only about 100$. they mass produce a textile pattern and its all one piece. no sewing..ttheyre making so much money off those shoes.

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We're getting a raw deal no matter how you slice it or justify it, even with R&D costs factored in. We are really subsidizing sponsorships and advertising with the money we pay.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    JEN14 repped this.
  19. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  20. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Keen to see this colourway in the leather version though

21. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    A leather version COULD be promising. To say I'm an adidas fanboy though I don't like the look of any of their upcoming boots.

Think I'm going to change my allegiances to Puma.

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Opposite end here...The higher and rounded toe box is encouraging for me and my foot shape, especially in synthetic as you can't get the toebox to stretch like leather - if it's low, it's always going to be low. The boot has a very adiPower tilt to it in design and specifically this color, which some of us have been saying for a while. I am surely more in the leather camp though and hopefully it's plain leather, not the caged leather like the 11Pro....it's not a bad idea or anything, I just like real leather with no fuss. I think that has been shown as a female option with no cage, what is the status of a men's boot like that?

Funny everyone raves about the MIJ Morelia and that has a very rounded and high toebox, same with the adiPower.

For me Puma has the WORST toebox......just round the F'N thing....like the boots the sponsored players wear.

gusgorman repped this.
  23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I for one can't stand lower toe boxes. I liked they way these felt. Also I love the leather ones. I think they should focus more on those. The excuse Nike and adidas have had is "players in Europe prefer synthetic becuase they don't get weighed down with water"

Yeah your pros say otherwise.

TRIXTA805, Dr. Boots, gusgorman and 2 others repped this.
  24. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Interesting - seems I'm in a minority then!

To be fair to the companies, they're only in it for the profit and we all know that.