Adidas Thread [15] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transmission

transmission Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Rome,Italy
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes,Copa Mundial is continued. As well as the World Cup and Kaiser 5 silos.

b0sk1, jessepv, TRIXTA805 and 2 others repped this.
  2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    People were worried about that when the boots were first released - I remember a lot of cleaning tip videos at the time used a toothbrush and on the area along with some good old elbow grease. Another tip would be to clean them as soon as you can after use so the dirt doesn't settle.

appleCORR

3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Catalogs come in quarters. You might see a leak but adidas is cracking down on this. If a sales rep is found to have a leak coming from his territory he/she could be fired.

4. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's the interwebs, leaks are everywhere. How can you backtrace it?

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The new team doesn't start working for a while....they have a non-compete that adidas didn't buy out and even if they attempted that move, I doubt Nike would accept the pay off. These have been in the works for over a year to my knowledge and well before the Nike guys in non prescription glasses decided to jump ship.

Space bar repped this.
  7. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To my knowledge they are keeping for a while.....I have heard from an internal source that killing it has been discussed almost yearly since about 2007, but the shoe "just won't die". Take from that what you will.....sales figures don't lie, but adidas sees the shoe as an albatross around their neck, not something that is keeping them relevant.

I could see them limiting it in the future or putting it in the Originals line at some point.....I wouldn't mind them doing an Originals or a soccer/football segment run of the Profi as long as it is Made in Germany still. There was a very unique "sample" colorway of the Profi on eBay recently. It was nearly whiteout with black piping and stitching, clearly not part of the last run.....it makes me wonder if adidas has a very limited run up their sleeve again......if so I am going to go broke in 2015/2016 between that (if it comes), the Diadora Brasil Italy, and the Umbro Speciali 2001 comebacks. My three favorite boots from my youth, when I was actually good and had no injuries.

Gunner17 repped this.
  8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #358 Dr. Boots, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    I know they have been threatening this for a long time.....they alluded to it when I was leaking verbal descriptions back in the day, but nothing happened. I was told "no pics" back then and listened out of respect for the guy that was the rep.

I think firing reps for leaks in a territory is a bad policy though.....if it came from an account that adidas provided a catalog that really isn't on the rep unless he specifically encouraged it or leaked it on his own. The rep is there to sell the product, not police accounts and babysit the people that have no respect for the fact that adidas is hanging an anvil over the reps head with a threat of being fired. It will be pretty sad if a solid rep gets canned because some 15 year old punk disregarded the rules and leaked a pic.

I think a better policy would be to suspend the account from selling adidas products and pull the inventory off their shelves with an issued refund to the returned merchandise. The accountability should be on the folks that break the rules, not the guys busting their ass to move the product.

derbyyank13 and Andrew McCole repped this.
  9. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I
    I know the uptick in price for the Copa was labeled as a global market adjustment aimed at bringing the US price in line with the rest if the world, but what you're saying makes me wonder if it was just adidas trying to choke the life out of the boot. Has there been any decline in sales since the price hike? I know I'm a sentimental old timer, but it's tough to imagine a local match without a single pair of Copas turning up. I still remember the old days when you'd see 16 or 17 players on the field in Copas.

10. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect debut for Zlatan to adidas?
    [​IMG]

11. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think we might be overthinking things a little there - I think if adidas wanted to kill off the Copa, they'd just straight up do it.

Artificially pricing it out of it's niche in the market so that less people would buy it would be something incredibly difficult to justify to investors.

I do, however, think that the arrival of the Nike Premier, and brands like Umbro and settling boots like the Stadio Potenza and Speciali into that 'sub-£100, but still a premium K-Leather boot'-bracket had them reevaluate how the Copa fits in to their marketing strategy, mind you.

12. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree...just thinking about adidas' future product plans is over thinking it. I just can't figure out where they look to be headed.
    ...and just to add to my confusion we have the mystery prototype above and now Casillas in another new prototype similar to the Ace, but with deeper asymetrical laces...

[​IMG]

13. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It really is too hard to say where adidas is going. I think the gloro was a simple but good move on their part. Once the non-compete ends with Nike, who knows what will be churned out.

One thing that the copa has going for it is that it is still made in Germany. Currently, none of the big brands have anything like that going on. Most of the boots are made in China, Indonesia, or Vietnam. Is it enough to warrant the price, maybe not; but it does set it apart in terms of quality. But I do see the copa eventually becoming a special edition or limited release boot sometime in the next 5-10 years

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #365 Dr. Boots, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    I remember the best ad I've ever seen....it was a totally blank page save for some text at the bottom (in Soccer America when it was a newspaper style magazine) that said "one of the few pages in this magazine where you won't see someone wearing our shoes" adidas......it was true everyone in that mag had on the Copa or World Cup.

b0sk1 repped this.
  15. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree. I think how the Goro performs sales wise may help them make up their minds. Not being privy to the sales numbers (and hopefully someone can chime in) to me it seems like the "copa guys" are probably getting up there in age and will soon be hanging up their boots. I don't get a chance to see much youth soccer these days but when I play with/against these kids that are right out of high school/college not too many are in Copas.

16. Ranger04x40

Ranger04x40 Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Ventura, Cali
    I think the copas will never die.. I think it's like a generational/mature boot... When your young you want the super light gimmicky flashy boots (queue marketing) to stand out, but when you get older and have been stepped on one to many times. You just want something that is comfortable and you stop caring about 5 oz boots..

Or your tired of spending $200+ for boots that barely make it a season.... And decide the copas are half price and last multiple seasons.. I'll take that deal...

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Any video released early has a code on it that is assigned to each sales rep. That's how they find out. As for the photos they normally can track down which rep screwed up. It actually happened last year to one rep.

18. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Sorry for the double post. For the company I work for our sales have actually increased since the price went up. We are having to order a lot more than normal.

19. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hey all, quick question about sizing for older preds. If I wear a US9.5/27.5cm/42.5euro in mizuno morelia 2s and US9.5 in the pred instincts, what size should I go for in the old powerswerve or manias? A US9.5 in the older preds etc seem to be 43 and 1/3 euro etc so I'm a bit confused?

20. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Morelia 2 27.5 = Mania US 9.5

Alex57910 repped this.
  21. Lievenb

Lievenb Member

Apr 15, 2010
  22. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Thanks man

serginhobertholi repped this.
  23. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Props to whoever designed these on miadidas.
    [​IMG]

TRIXTA805 and sleithelbizzle repped this.
  24. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are nice. Surprised you can't manipulate Pred vamps colors. Very limited in what you can do.