Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Here you got for whoever was asking.

The main difference as you can see is that the upper is much softer. You can see that it's creased and moulded to my foot like a leather boot would around the toe box.

On my white general release ones the toe box has kept it shape and has no crease marks even though I've worn these boots just as much they still have that fresh out the box shape even though the upper has given a little.

The insole is slightly better on the Miadidas ones, but you can't really tell from a picture I'm afraid its down to feel and the tongue is a tiny bit longer at the top of the boot where you tie the laces.

In my opinion if you don't have the Miadidas to compare with the standard LZ2 you will be more than happy with the boot on general sale, but Adidas certainly do give something a little extra for your £ when it comes to owning a pair of Miadidas boots.

I'm currently waiting on my second pair to come! Can't wait.

Hope that helps!

appleCORR

rooster and FootySpy repped this.
  2. Lievenb

Lievenb Member

Apr 15, 2010

How do you guys treat the copa tongue to fold over in the best way possible?

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I used to put a clothes peg on them when I wasn't wearing them, that would help to force a crease in the tongue and it eventually moulded that way - it altered a little when I laced the boots up but generally it was the same as when the pegs were on the tongues. Or you can always put your laces over your tongues for the first few wears.

appleCORR

4. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    U put elastic on mine so it was a tight fit to the boot and not flapping about,

5. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I put elastic on, sorry

6. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1731 cadmonkey12, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    When I was a youngster I wore my Copas with the tongues up. My team mates always just looked at my boots and shook their heads.

tilburysoccer repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A team mate of mine cut the tongues off their Copas - He was gutted when he saw how crap they looked!

appleCORR

8. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    apple how do you manage to get all your boots free? I was looking into a pair of lzs today and it's costing well over 220 for a pair of fgs and sgs and aint nobody got time for that....

i dont understand how the materials are constantly getting worse yet the price of the boots is jumping up 20 quid a year

9. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cause we've got to subsidise those who get them for free ;)

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sponsored and I've worked hard to do so when I played and now I coach.

I think the price of Miadidas with postage are £183 (with postage) and I'm not condoning the price of the boots when you look at somewhere like PDS who are selling general releases for £159 (and I know there are places that sell the boots cheaper like Sports Direct) but if you do have to pay that price I'd rather put the extra £20 and have some made.

Football boot are getting ridiculously expensive and their shelf life is getting less and less. I said in the Nike thread i think thats why people are leaning towards custom colourways because they know that their boot will last until the next model comes out.

Decency I take it you were just looking into a pair to be nosey being as you hate the boot? lol ;)

appleCORR

11. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did/do you get a say in what boots you get? Or do they send you a pair of what they think you should be wearing?

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I get to choose, I had Adizeros for a long long time but the insole wasn't very good for my feet as I get quite bad plantar faciitis in my heels and the LZ range was recommended to me, I tried them and loved them so stuck with those.

appleCORR

13. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take it down 3 lace holes. Fold it over and tie on top.

No, it doesn't make one bit of sense. Yes, it does arguably make the boots perform worse. But that's how we did it.

14. ColumbiaVanquish17

Nov 19, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    I'll be going in to my local shop to try on everything nike and adidas offer in their ID/miadidas sites. Yeah it's a tough choice committing to the extra £75 (you can pick up LZ's for £100) but when they bring out their blackout it sells for £155 and that's really the only colour I'd wear in the LZ. If I customise a pair they will be majority black.

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sounds good then! If you do decide to go with Miadidas you won't be disappointed with the quality. But i think you are doing the right thing by trying the boots on, when you do try the LZs on just remember that they do give a little when you've worn them for a bit.

appleCORR

rooster repped this.
  17. michael rea

michael rea New Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Anyone sellin or know where i could get adidas predator mania 2002 or precision 2000 besides ebay?

18. bootking

bootking Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    So how does the SL boots differ from normal ones?

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The upper is more like the adizero synthetic upper. There is also an external heal counter like on the adizeros. I think the SL boot has improved with the LZ2 - The LZ1 SL was rubbish though, a lot of the predator elements were painted onto the boots, ad the rubber was much much thinner.

appleCORR