Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clash10

Clash10 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had a team mate who used the LZ sl and they don't look good in person either. The material looks like plastic and very slippery in wet conditions. I really don't understand why adidas have painted some of the zones on, would have been nicer if they just had made 2-3 zones with rubber and take the other zones away from the boot.

hope you guys understand what I am trying to say, not so good in English :(

serginhobertholi repped this.
  2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They were practically adizeros with a few very thin rubber lines on them.

appleCORR

3. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wore the last gen LZ SL for 30 mins and sold them off. The entire upper was this horribly sticky plastic feeling stuff that may have had more grip than the rubber elements themselves. I was tripping over my self trying to dribble in those things it was a mess. Rubber elements and the upper itself, especially, should not interfere with dribbling. They should be used as an aid for ball striking only IMO.

4. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    NoobC, vanjory and AllanBhoy repped this.
  5. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    those whiteouts look very nice!

6. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    *Sigh* blades...

7. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Look, I know they're basically everything that people have come to hate about football boot colourways - but miadidas' new camo options look absolutely killer:

[​IMG]

8. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the miadidas predators that have been coming out have been great looking.

9. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    The black/vivid berry is a women's colorway, it's up on soccerdotcom.

10. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    I saw that on fb too, GrassRouteOne and I thought that is such an amazing colorway and then realized its a miadidas.

11. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird on those new F50s how the stripes are placed differently on synthetic vs leather versions. Not sure which I prefer at first glance.

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They really should re-release the predator accelerators....how awesome would that be?

ColumbiaVanquish17 and b0sk1 repped this.
  13. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would rather have a Mania or Precision, truly amazing boots. For pure nostalgia sake, a re-released pair of electricity/black accelerators would be pretty amazing. Look at how nice that leather looks...

[​IMG]

If they could just remake something similar to the Mania and cut some weight off of it - gold. It seems so simple. Sadly, those days appear to be long gone...

14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I had those pairs but in white. My favorite boots. :(

15. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    May I be wrong. But the Adidas Catalogue says:

"Predator LZ TRX FG W
    glow orange/collegiate purple/running white
    running white/night shade f13/solar slime"

So, if isn't "W"...

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The accelerators were a really nice boot, i remember the studs weren't brilliant though because they were like plastic rather than rubber so wore down quite quickly. The leather was nice too. I remember i had my tongue down low like Becks! I had the red, black, white & neon they all got worn to death. The mania was probably my favourite Predator. Although I'm not sure how i'd feel about the big tongue now i prefer to just have the laces between my foot and the ball. At the time, tongues were in and the red tongue was iconic thanks mainly to the way Beckham wore it. I've still got all my manias. They were a great K leather boot with the sole stitched onto the upper and 3 pins at the front - thats how sole plates should be these days, not just glued on.

Anyway, going back to modern boots - those F50s are AWFUL. I'm disappointed. I wore F50s since the first model and in my opinion the last model (3rd gen?) were the best, I liked the design and the synthetic on it was really nice, it had give and felt nice on the ball. I think the boot has gone down hill since then to be honest, and that new design doesn't fill me with confidence.

appleCORR

17. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why new ones already? I mean, I know why. Because people who HAVE to have the latest and greatest will buy them, but it's all getting ridiculous. I think a two year life span and a new colorway every 3 or so months is the happy medium. The majority of the boot buying public probably use a pair for the better part of a year, so unless a person buys a particular pair of boots at launch, by the end of the boots' life they will be several colorways old and the new version will be out as well. Again, I'm not someone who has to have the newest stuff, but even I see that as a little unfair. All the more reason for the companies to not give two craps about durability.

On a semi related note....that feeling when you put on a pair of well broken in Copas. :cool:

vanjory and ColumbiaVanquish17 repped this.
  18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree it has got stupid.

Adidas tend to keep a model for a year before bringing in the new one and now seem to bring out 2 colourways every 2 months. I remember when the predator line ran for 2 years and in that time they maybe had a maximum of 6 colourways (and i thought that was getting silly!) now they go through that in a few months.

I also think that the more they release the quality of the boot goes down, not so much in how its made but the colourways are either being repeated or just aren't that nice anymore. I know that the Green LZ2 release colourway hasn't gone down too well with boot lovers. But what can Adidas do? They have released so many colourways they are running out of options. Its the same for all boot companies these days.

appleCORR

19. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Every boot should come out in a Cyan/White colorway like the first adizeros <3 lol

20. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At some point I have to think most people will just stop buying boots at retail price. Why pay $220 when they'll be $150 in a couple months? If you're going to wear "outdated" boots, might as well get them for a bargain. And adidas seem to produce more boots than there is demand for, so they will be available. There are still full size runs of just about every F50 MiCoach colorway out there for around $100. Nike, on the other hand, seems to produce very limited quantities because retailers always sell out of the common sizes before they even get a chance to be marked down. I don't know why adidas doesn't do the same but I am certainly no complaining because I don't like to pay retail and I don't want to start.

b0sk1 repped this.
  21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have noticed that the LZ1 which you'd expect to be fairly cheap now the LZ2 has come out is hardly reduced at all. I saw them in one store yesterday and the yellow colourway was £120!

You can't really get a bargain from Adidas anymore ....

appleCORR

22. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luckily I live right next to an adidas outlet that always has good deals. Got my F50 MiCoach leather (lab lime/white) for $100 (full size run) and now they're marked down to $60 (although few sizes left). They also had/have LZ in blue launch colorway for $100, now $70 with fewer sizes left. The whiteout synthetic F50 MiCoach for $100, not sure what they are now. 11Pro in blue for $60. Funny because they also have a ton of takedown indoor and turfs that are basically retail price, when you can get them deeply discounted elsewhere.

soccer.com also always has discounted past adidas colorways. At least in the F50 and 11Pro ranges. Not sure about the LZ because I'm not a fan of sticky stuff on my boots.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw the F50 2s in an Adidas outlet where my sister lives and the earlier colours were £80 without the micoach and i still think that is pretty expensive when we are 2 models on.

appleCORR

24. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Sports Direct have so many of the previous F50's in a good run of sizes, it almost seems like a mistake was made somewhere and they made twice as many. Nike seem to have it spot on in terms of stock levels.

25. bitman16

bitman16 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    found a nice little video about the NC Technology