Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    PDS has the Absolion in AG.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The AG model in the 2s doesn't look too bad, i just wish they didn't have that little bit that goes higher than the rest of the sole by the heel. Makes them look a bit cheap.

appleCORR

3. Smallrod

Smallrod Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The Bahamas
    I saw those, way expensive. For that price, I was considering ordering a pair from MiAdidas in the HG soleplate. Has anyone tried the HG?
    I went boot shopping yesterday and tried the LZ2...fell in love. Initially the fit feels better than the LZ's and they are one of my favorites...just cant do the FG soleplate.

4. Smallrod

Smallrod Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The Bahamas
    Was wondering the same thing. I can hold out for a future release in AG, even though i like the release colorway...will own a pair of the LZ2's at some point.

5. Dog7

Dog7 Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Anyone tried the nitrocharge yet?

6. JayMike-DK

JayMike-DK Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, I've been playing in them (got the prototype from Adidas this winter) for quite a while, and I think that they're pretty good. They're not the second coming, but comfort-wise they are brilliant.

It took a while to break them in, especially because the Hybridtouch seems a little stiff to begin with. Also, the Energysling had to loosen up a bit and adapt to my foot before it really felt comfortable, but other than that, the out-of-the-box fit is amazing. A bit like the Predator LZ II, but slightly wider I feel. Great support in the midfoot, and the heel is well padded and supports the achilles well. When the Hybridtouch forefoot softens up, it actually gives a pretty nice, personal fit without stretching too much. It's a little too tacky for my liking, but it's not a deal breaker.

As for the Energysling, I think it works pretty well - the lockdown effect is there, and it keeps your foot tightly in place without being too restrictive. It doesn't do much more than that, but it's certainly better than taping your boot as some players do to prevent too much lateral-medial movement. I expected a bit more grip as a result af the rubber material, but there isn't any notable differences IMO.

Energypulse also works, well, kinda well. It gives a nice solid feel when striking the ball, but I don't feel much difference when accelerating, turning and going full sprint. Great idea, but the execution could've been better. I like the fact that they actually made a Nitrocharge-specific soleplate and didn't just put the standard Sprintframe on it.

All in all, a decent little boot. It actually delivers when it comes to keeping your foot in place and thus preventing too much energy loss, but other than that there are no notable benefits. I certainly didn't feel like having more energy at the end of the match... The fit is amazing, comfort-wise it's brilliant, and it's got just that bit more oomph than the Predator LZ IIs - which in my eyes make them feel more like the old Predators than the LZ I and II. Not the last time I play in it, that's for certain.

Attached Files:

jayc23, cliftonjosh, FootySpy and 3 others repped this.
  7. Dog7

Dog7 Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ^
    Cheers for the info! And trying to decode between them and the ctr360's and am stuck ATM although your review is pushing me towards the nitro's now. If I do go for them I've them got to decide between the black and blue!

8. Smallrod

Smallrod Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The Bahamas
    Tried them on yesterday...wasn't impressed. Fit felt okay but the boot feels thick and I didn't like the feel of the energy sling, but this was just trying them on.

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've tried Adidas's HG sole plate on 3g turf before - They were nice, comfortable and the grip was fine. I personally don't mind wearing FG. Obviously there was less stud pressure but they held up well.

I imagine that they will bring out an AG option in all release colourways because Adidas will be wanting the ££ they will certainly get that if you order from miadidas because the boots are £175 aren't they? PDS have the release colourway for £80. Plus that price will probably drop even lower if you wait.

They are great boots - you will love them.

Oh and as for the Nitro Charges - I tried them a few times but i'm not that impressed with them really. Prefer the LZ2s over them.

appleCORR

10. Precision Player

Apr 5, 2005
    Any news on the 3rd colourway for the LZ 2s? I read somewhere that the White/Black Stripes/Red Zones will be out on the 1st of July, but then I read on GUNT22's website that there's colourways for the end of the year, and the White/Black/Red are said to be released in December??

11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    posted a picture few pages back...

12. ColumbiaVanquish17

Nov 19, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best thing about the Nitrocharge is the smell of the Indonesian glue. I will be returning mine next week. Glad I got them out of my system. Got some leather food for the adipowers

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here are the releases from the picture of the Adidas catalogue that was posted a few pages back :

1st July : Black/White/Green & White/Black/Red (The colour you commented on)
    1st September : Blue/White/Orange & Red/Black/White.

But the look of what Serginhobertholi posted of the Adidas catalogue it looks like Adidas are going to be releasing a 2 new colourways every 2 months. September is as far as the pictures in the catalogue go, but someone did post some pictures of a Pink colourway (Not sure if its real because it looked awful) that is set to be released sometime in 2014. Unless you wanted white boots id hang on for the Red/White colourway it looks awsome.

appleCORR

14. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Its interesting though, the black ones are on a couple of sites but apart from afew leaked images - no site has them up for pre order..... Im a bit worried that they may show up as a pro direct exclusive.

Where does every buy there boots from? I used to like going intojjb tolookand try boots on, but now theres only sports world really isnt there?

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sports world/sports direct soccer scene is pretty good too for the mainstream boot brands.

then theres niketown adidas store and the outlets

16. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, i know, i guess it cause we were spoiled with two big jjb stores in our town, then a smal pokey sportsworld. Now the jjb's have gone and all weve got left is a pokey sports world. The adidas outle near me in braintree is okay, but still have adipowers blue/yellow from ages ago at random sizes and expensive too.

I like going to stores to try on boots or get a better sense of what they feel and look like, exclusives to online shops like prodirect bug me as you canreally only go on what you see

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think they are going to be PDS exclusive they look like a general colourway, PDS won't get an exclusive one them. If you don't live in a very big place you should really try the sports direct website you get some good deals on their something new releases are £40 less than PDS.

Plus there is just under 2 weeks until the black ones are released, so some online stores might have decided not to put them on yet. PDS are usually first on board with pre-orders.

appleCORR

18. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    jayc23 repped this.
  19. Precision Player

Apr 5, 2005

I also thought it was the 1st of July for the White/Black/Red colourway, but on GUNT 22's website, it says December 2013??
    http://gunt22.com/article-adidas-predator-lz-new-colorways.html

20. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    can anyone tell me if the speedtrick indoor is mi coach compatible?

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well you can either trust the Adidas catalogue or no Gunt page - its upto you, personally id go with the Adidas catalogue - what colours are they going to release over the summer then if not the ones in the catalogue?

I should be getting some dates sent over from adidas so i can let you know for sure its from their newest catalogue.

appleCORR

vanjory repped this.
  22. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Black upper with fluorescent yellow is still my all time favorite colorway for any brand and any boot. Simple and clean but just loud enough not to be ignored.

23. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They look pretty cool with the electric laces in them too

24. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  25. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Hope it is clear enough to emphasize what has been published on my site :)
    My info always comes from the catalogue, by the way....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FootySpy repped this.