Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I am starting to doubt that Jon is joking.

2. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he also tested them from the very beginning. and it's not like he couldn't get a bladed, k-leather model if he wanted to. pretty weird.

4. kev1n9121

kev1n9121 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    so i returned my defective blue/electricity adipowers to adidas and they sent me back a pair of the black/warning adipowers. out of the box the leather feels completely different and the boot is a lot more stiff...maybe even tighter. has the durability issue been resolved with this change? do the boots get soft as the original releases?

5. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly, nearly every boot spotting of the 11pro was of him. If that is not an eye opener in itself to adidas then I don't know what is.

6. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the newest slime colorway. The leather softens and stretches out a bit like the first adipowers but not exactly. Durability is the same though, had mine for a month and a half and the sole is seperating on both boots.

7. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    IMO: Bale, Sanchez, Valencia, CR7 and Robben are all better wingers than Beckham. But Becks' free kicks and long passes are something special.

8. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You must be comparing his current form to theirs. Becks has peaked. But look at what he has accomplished in his career! Seriously amazing player. He has had his own line of predators for sooooo many years!

9. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Best winger he may not be but most marketable he is.

Aside from that, his style of play will allow him greater longevity in the game than somebody who's game relies on pace and speed.

10. Elbullio

Elbullio Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Beckham is a fine winger. But he is an old school one, which does not suit the fast paced wingers (wide attackers) of today which has a different role in the team.

11. chuckle490

chuckle490 Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Tennessee, United States
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does striking the ball in the synthetic micoach adizeros feel, I wear adipowers but for my next boots in between adizeros and the new vapor VIIIs! Touch, speed, and shooting are the most important things to me.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    comfort should be the most important thing for you, as all the others are down to the player ;]

13. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Messi, Robben, CR7, Sanchez, Pedro, Bale, Menez, Lavezzi, Nani, Valencia, Mata.... pretty much anyone.

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let's keep it on topic guys!

appleCORR

15. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should probably look up the definition of a winger first of all. Half of those players are strikers. Surprised you didn't include Ibra, Pato, Kaka, and a few goalies.

Second of all, it's all based on an opinion. Even as ridiculous as Pato's here.

Back on topic... starting now!

16. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can I grab someone's opinion on the adipower's in synthetic? The david beckham models? I'm thinking of going for a 9.5 (I'd normally go for a 9 in leathers), but how is the boot overall, opinions? Even opinions on the leather will do, I know apart from durability most people love them.

17. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you're going to be picky about the definition of a winger then you really wouldn't class Beckham as a winger, not in the traditional sense anyway.

You think of a winger as a pacy player, trying to beat his man, get to the byline and put the ball in the box. Now, whilst Beckham had the same end product, usually of greater quality than his more conventional rivals, he was never really one to run at people or try to get beyond them, he simply didn't need to for the most part.

Yes he played out wide but he really wasn't an out and out winger.

18. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I'm sure that Ibra, Pato, Kaka and a few goalies would be better wingers than Beckham.

19. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Why can't you guys see that he's just trolling you, leave a troll alone and he goes away.

20. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    If you leave a troll alone you have been defeated.

21. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Seriously, let's just knock it on the head now - it's wasting everyone's time and going nowhere.

On topic, it looks like Di Maria is in the new LZ here, and definitely looks like he's testing out one of the new 'Zones' - I think this one's meant to be the 'Sweet Spot' - but it's been a little while since I've seen the leaked pictures:

[​IMG]

22. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this video a while back that highlights some milestone boots from adidas and was wondering if anyone has seen an extended version that talks about all the boots on display.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xiEzBniB88&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]History of Adidas Football Boots - YouTube[/ame]

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why has nobody commented on what Benzema has on his head?!

appleCORR

24. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benzema got that swag.

25. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This ^

The only player I've seen with a comparable cross is Bale. His left foot is phenomenal.

CR7 and Messi are not wingers.

Anyway, I'm hugely excited for the LZ launch. One of my friends has the boot (no idea how) and they feel fantastic! Not worn any boot like it before. Any questions about them and I'll do my best to answer them!