Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I agree Mercurial. I'd buy them. I get the impression that these are going to be really fantastic performance boots, definitely more excited for these than CTR IIIs.

2. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be getting a pair as soon as they come out, my newest adiPowers have the paint peeling off along with some sole seperation. :(

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those rubber ribs remind me of the old Nike Laser/90s(?) circa 2007ish

F50>whatever that is

4. sleithelbizzle

Sep 13, 2011
    Montrose
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i wonder if the highlighted ribs will change after the two games kaka has worn them onto another part of the zones and then another high profile pred wearer wears that boot with the different zone and then so on till the 5 zones have been highlighted? just an idea of where adidas's marketing could go.

5. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    must admit i do like where Adidas is going with the marketing of this boot, quite smart.

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Those look great....if adidas kept the colors on this shoe simple, it could be a visual winner. I am still skeptical about the performance. I guess I will have to wait until I can test a pair out to totally drop the hammer on them.

That makes sense, and it would be an interesting concept.

For the first time in a long time, they have not totally cocked it up from the get go.

7. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's great if adidas can learn how to put colors together, but there was someone on here who had tested the LZ's and was not impressed. It's about the boots, not the colors.

8. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Has anyone seen the new Adidas 2012 advert?

Is it me or are parts of this advert just a copy of Nikes write the future advert? Reminds me a lot of it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHhaMXrUk8"]adidas presents Take the Stage: all 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

9. Choi9

Choi9 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's pretty damn sweet if it's accurate. Comparing the boots I have now, it is for me.

11. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I still don't think people should order before trying them on because we all have different feet.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just looked and the new pred lz are releasing in my birthday...

Interesting......

13. Choi9

Choi9 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very true but it can still give an accurate depiction and you can see where on your foot the boot will be tighter, looser, etc. so based on that if you have wider feet maybe buy a size that's looser in the midfoot. Still trying them on is your best bet but when you live in Canada far away from any football stores it's very difficult :(

14. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    interesting question for you all

has anyone seen a photo of the LZs in soft ground yet? are adidas looking to phase it out?

15. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. sleithelbizzle

Sep 13, 2011
    Montrose
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think the £210 price tag is for that one day exclusive purchase day! Maybe get them on launch day! (5/5/12) and maybe for the boot release 1/6/12 to normal retail of £155?

17. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
  18. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.. great guess! Looks like they're doing exactly that. I wonder if the rubber thingies will be different color for every "zone?" I reallllyyyyy hope they release any of those colorways = mostly white boots with zones being different color.

Honestly, that's the only way I'd be getting them. None of those colors appeal to me. And this coming from the all-Predator player.

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/gen...or-lz-football-boots-this-is-first-touch.aspx

19. sleithelbizzle

Sep 13, 2011
    Montrose
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    [​IMG]
    close up of the different ribs!

20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The problem with all those ribs its, them falling off.. they look like they have just been glued on,

and according the soccerbible they are going to be highlighting different zones for different players, including van persie and xavi

but............... it says theres 5 zones.. I've only counted 4? unless they are counting the lace area too?

21. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Passing, touch, dribbling..? Presume there's a shooting one.

There's one on the outside of the boot. Like really bottom edge. But yes, I agree David. There only appears to be 4!

22. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Isn't there a small one on each side of the toe box?

23. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah and then theres the 'sweet spot' which is the bit on the instep of the forefoot

24. homeutdfan

homeutdfan Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    theres the first touch we've seen, a dribble one on the outside, a sweet spot one on where you shoot, a drive one which are really aggressive, and a memory foam pass/receive pad on the instep

25. djkeogh5

djkeogh5 Member

Sep 26, 2010
    gotham city
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    there's a tiny pad on the instep sort of in the fin region on laser iv's